Lifetime new friends in Canberra ?

Demipouce

Hi there !

I am soon relocating from Sydney and looking for buddies down in Canberra ! 

I am a bit nervous as I don’t know anyone down there and my primary hobby has been fishing since I was like 3 years old and I am now 30.

I am an engineer by trade and very meticulous and passionate person !

I have an obsession for spending hours and hours to put up big plans to achieve big fishing dreams.

I have fished in a lot of places around the world from tuna to Marlin to Murray cod , GTs , mulloway off ledges , Rivers you name it I have chased it. I have done a lot Of spear fishing for wahoo, kingfish etc I am also a 99% lure fisherman and I absolutely love to take photos too. I am not on social medias apart from FB and very private about what I catch . I am not into this whole social media fishing thing and steal peoples spots etc I truly value the time two friends can spend together on a fishing mission and keep talking about what to improve even after a session before going to sleep !

I’d like to meet likely minded people, respectful to the fish, and passionate by waking up early , putting some effort in, that would like to introduce me to their world down there . I promise you won’t regret the knowledge I can bring to the table , and also the friendship. 

i would love nothing more than people keen to fish for cod with me at stupid hours of the night listening to the sweet sound of the plopping from the lures ! 

Edited by Demipouce
  • Like 1

Welcome @Demipouce. I've worked with plenty of engineers in my time and also have a number amongst my friends. I bet you that you've got an immaculate and well organised garage :D And that your handwriting is unusually neat 🤣 

Good chance of lifelong friends here mate. But before that, let's get you help settling into Canberra fishing-wise.

I believe @Ganguddy Goodoo and @KhalidMSyed are from that way. Browse their profiles, take a look at their reports and you'll get a picture of a few options. People are fairly forthcoming with locations and advice here.

Looking forward to hearing a few of your adventures in Canberra!

Hi @Little_Flatty thanks for the introductions ! 
Yes my garage and tackle is very organised as you can imagine ... But I do also believe being organised and clean is part of having great success in fishing ! Everything needs to be top notch all the time to avoid loosing fish because of lazyness haha ! 

That's great thanks, I'll have a look around, hopefully I manage to connect with a few people as I'm dying to get out there !