Pittwater - Just A Thought?

neilm

Hello All,

as you will be aware, Pittwater has been the subject of out of town Pro fishermen who come with their nets and destroy the resident fish population.

At the risk of stating the obvious, these blokes are out of towners, would it be possible that they use forums like this to assess the number and types of fish that people are catching, and whether it's worth them coming to net these waters?

These pros haven't yet been benned from Pittwater (unlike Botnay where they have), so let's not give them any information regarding what's going on in Pittwater.

What do you reckon?

Cheers,

Neil.

Hello All,

as you will be aware, Pittwater has been the subject of out of town Pro fishermen who come with their nets and destroy the resident fish population.

At the risk of stating the obvious, these blokes are out of towners, would it be possible that they use forums like this to assess the number and types of fish that people are catching, and whether it's worth them coming to net these waters?

These pros haven't yet been benned from Pittwater (unlike Botnay where they have), so let's not give them any information regarding what's going on in Pittwater.

What do you reckon?

Cheers,

Neil.

Thats a bit tough to do as other sites do the same ,you can not stop the people doing this .Its up to the powers that be to put and end to all this needless taking of fish for a meager few bucks

Cheers Swordfisherman

HI Neil, i think that is a tough call given there are other sites, fishing magazines, reports in the news papers etc etc. The best way is to get everybody you know or can talk to, to write to the appropriate minister telling him/her unless they fix the problem for recreational fisher people (soooo politically correct) they wont get back into office.

Alternatively, we could do a Greenpeace to the trawlers (lol)

Hey Fellas,

I know it's a tough one, and I know that there are too many sites, mags, etc who will publish this information, but there are a coupla things that make me think it worthwhile:

Sites like fishraider are extremely current - mags, other sites (eg. fishnet) take 3 or 4 days or longer before they get the info online or published in the press.

The less the pros hear the better.

I hear what you're saying, and I do agree (I've written to McTaggart local state MP for Pittwater, McDonald, DPI, Manly Daily on the specific subject of Pittwater, and Morris Iemma & Carl Scully on the subject of reduced flows, desalination plants, not using tertiary sewage treatment etc., and the effect of these on recreational fishing on coastal NSW & estuaries), so any others writing would be appreciated!

Thanks for you support.

Cheers,

Neil