Firs day off to a start.

JonD

Headed down the beach to flick some lures and find a decent gutter for an after dark session targeting gummy sharks. First salmon was a chunky little fella which I kept for bait before heading home to prove a point to a young lad I had with me on how dam good wrasse are to eat. New Years eave I had done very well on flathead and a few wrasse from the boat, with the young lads constantly taking the pee that I eat them!!!!!!  Now I don't go out of my to target wrasse but the fact they rarely seem to survive release form water much more than 12m means I keep them. Anyway crumbed and fried the young lad recons they are the best fish he's now ever eaten!!!!!!!

Back to the beach later in the day with the salmon, where first cast resulted in a bycatch grey nurse. These people who claim them to be in low numbers really don't have a clue as they are the most common shark we keep catching on all the beaches down this way. Three GN sharks hooked and released. one wobby and one port jackson. Last trip much the same with three GN sharks caught and released from a different beach. This is from sandy shallow beaches, pretty much anywhere we find salmon, which are everywhere. Not sure what the feelings are on here with posting pic's of GN sharks!!!!.....and not sure how to avoid them when I can't seem to head to a beach that doesn't have them.

IMG_7882.thumb.jpg.3454f0503e196a258cdcec81844be7fb.jpg

• Like 9