Botany Bay 16/1

kikila

Disappointing is the only way to describe today’s effort, it was with high expectations that that we launched our boats into the early morning gloom as we made a beeline for the bait grounds. I was fishing in tandem with Buster1 who had Chris as his No2 and I had my good mate Mick, to make sure we could find some live bait Garry would try the Yarra bay grounds while I would hit the grounds at the end of the container wall & as luck would have it the yakkas were around the container wall, giving Garry a quick hoi he nipped around and he joined us & in fairly good time we both had enough live baits for a days fishing so off to Molineaux point to give the kingies shit :biggrin2: “ how wrong we were" Disappointing is the only way to describe today’s effort, the place was a king fish desert the only action was the odd blurter and 2 mongrel seals :1crybaby: , we didn’t catch a king nor see one caught also saw nothing of note on the sounder either. We persevered for a couple of hours then decided to give it a miss and try the cans as the tanker had just moved off but bugger all there as well. Garry went in search of some bream at the sticks while Mick & I went over to the hot water outlet. Garry had no luck on the bream so headed back to Molineaux point where he got more blurters, Mick & I managed to burly up some tarwine 1 lone bream & several little trevs but nothing to get excited about. We then headed out into the middle of the bay in hope of finding a few tailor & spotting some working birds we dashed over and got into a mixed school of tailor, salmon & large slimy mackerel, giving Garry the heads up we worked the schools for a fair while, the fish were a little difficult to hook but a least they were a bit of fun :biggrin2: the tailor were up to 40cm the slimies not much smaller and the 2 salmon I hooked both threw the lures as they jumped that was pretty much the end of the action for the day, pulled the pin at 12.30pm, no pics to wet plus nothing worth photographing really. :(:05:

Dont tell me Molineaux point has been fished out :mad3::mad3:

Maybe the kings are on holidays till i get there later in the week :thumbup::thumbup:

Good report fellers, did you get a bit of a soaking??

I wouldn't worry to much about the bay being fished out I see the seals there at least once a month and when they are there you know you are not going to get much. the kingys will be back it's the same when the dolphins are there I just move and fish for something else. George

Disappointing is the only way to describe today’s effort, it was with high expectations that that we launched our boats into the early morning gloom as we made a beeline for the bait grounds. I was fishing in tandem with Buster1 who had Chris as his No2 and I had my good mate Mick, to make sure we could find some live bait Garry would try the Yarra bay grounds while I would hit the grounds at the end of the container wall & as luck would have it the yakkas were around the container wall, giving Garry a quick hoi he nipped around and he joined us & in fairly good time we both had enough live baits for a days fishing so off to Molineaux point to give the kingies shit :biggrin2: “ how wrong we were" Disappointing is the only way to describe today’s effort, the place was a king fish desert the only action was the odd blurter and 2 mongrel seals :1crybaby: , we didn’t catch a king nor see one caught also saw nothing of note on the sounder either. We persevered for a couple of hours then decided to give it a miss and try the cans as the tanker had just moved off but bugger all there as well. Garry went in search of some bream at the sticks while Mick & I went over to the hot water outlet. Garry had no luck on the bream so headed back to Molineaux point where he got more blurters, Mick & I managed to burly up some tarwine 1 lone bream & several little trevs but nothing to get excited about. We then headed out into the middle of the bay in hope of finding a few tailor & spotting some working birds we dashed over and got into a mixed school of tailor, salmon & large slimy mackerel, giving Garry the heads up we worked the schools for a fair while, the fish were a little difficult to hook but a least they were a bit of fun :biggrin2: the tailor were up to 40cm the slimies not much smaller and the 2 salmon I hooked both threw the lures as they jumped that was pretty much the end of the action for the day, pulled the pin at 12.30pm, no pics to wet plus nothing worth photographing really. :(:05:

lucky you went fishing mate it wasnt so much fun at work

Unlucky day out there fella's and that seal is not a good thing. :074:

Should have headed over and got yourself a feed of whiting.

Darn things were in plague proportions last time I was out and the good thing was that there wasn't a reddie in sight. :yahoo: