The Land Based Addiction

Gibbofisho

I bought this online the otehr day and it arrived in the mail last night and i whacked it straight into the DVD player, let me just say, its some of the most intense LBG fishing i have ever seen, the cobia that they loose to a shark is simply amazing, the cobias head weighed 8kg's and the body was bitten clean off, the entire fish was estimated at 45kg's, it shows them landing black marlin from the rocks at jervis bay, its just amazing, a must see!

Guest maraudingmado

Believe me Davy it is real. People can and HAVE caught marlin LBG at Jervis Bay and surrounding areas e.g. Beecroft, Diamond Head(previous to collapse of cliff) etc. Whilst not catching one I have seen marlin off the rocks at The Tubes and XOS kingies(they looked like torpedoes)

I bought this online the otehr day and it arrived in the mail last night and i whacked it straight into the DVD player, let me just say, its some of the most intense LBG fishing i have ever seen, the cobia that they loose to a shark is simply amazing, the cobias head weighed 8kg's and the body was bitten clean off, the entire fish was estimated at 45kg's, it shows them landing black marlin from the rocks at jervis bay, its just amazing, a must see!

sure mate, i bought it from http://www.ausfish.com.au/books/salwaterdvd.shtml

Last i knew the land based record was 130kg black from currarong/beecroft. the record before that was 125kegs, the 125 record stood for about 1 week.

Plenty have been hooked, though the ocean ledges are fairly high and getting them up would be near impossible, then there is the climb out!

I understand the 130 kilo fish was brought onto the ledge and photod as someone ran to currarong to get hold of a boat, then the fish was pushed off the rocks and went back to town in the boat.

There arent many days between new years and easter with no 24kilo tackle and kiddy pools on beecroft peninsular.

A very commited bunch of fishos that work bloody hard for their fish.

Steve

G`day Fellas ,

My niece`s husband is actually featured in that movie.

He can be seen operating in the background with a big marlin on , but I think It spits the bait or spools him from memory , I cant remember which.

He and his mates fish there quite often , and they have caught some fair dinkum monsters off that platform.

So , its all tue , trust me .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

hi guys

yes i have also seen that movie, its been around for a while now it it is good...went down to jervis only last weekend and after all this time i had to go and look out and find this special spot called the" tubes".well i was amazed at the water depth of the ledge...i was in a boat, the amount of people fishing of the ledge amazed me with there live bait pools and a pump from the water they have a good setup..80-95 feet of the ledge couldnt believe it. as im a keen spearfisher also i could not help but to jump in and take a look, as not to upset the land based fisho's i motored up a 100 mtrs or so and jumped out.....lol and didnt i stay close in to the rocks bloody deep and blue even further up towards the point is deep of the rocks no wonder they get the fish they do off there, its excited me to no end and ill surely be making more trips down there in the very near future....oh and my catch for the day was a coulpe of kings and 3 nice sized reds

sounds interesting!

ive been reading about jervis bay where it IS possible to catch marlin land-based. didnt know whether to believe it or not!

do u have a link for the site that u got the dvd from?

i have just listed that set of dvds on ebay and noticed that there is as least one other set there for sale to might be cheaper than from a dvd store

just do a search for fishing dvds