Flightcraft 475

Trippo

Hi Raiders,

Just wondering if someone could offer any advise on a Flightcraft 475 Cuddy Cabin.

A friend of mine is currently looking at one For Sale and we have searched for information (reviews) on whats the boat is like but keep coming up with zip.

Flightcraft 475 with a 70 on the back.......Looks to be a neat outfit but curious how it handles.

Thanks

Hi Raiders,

Just wondering if someone could offer any advise on a Flightcraft 475 Cuddy Cabin.

A friend of mine is currently looking at one For Sale and we have searched for information (reviews) on whats the boat is like but keep coming up with zip.

Flightcraft 475 with a 70 on the back.......Looks to be a neat outfit but curious how it handles.

Thanks

Hi trippo,This boat looks similar to the bertram hull or carribeans ???It looks to have a decent vee or deadrise and I would think it would handle the chop of bays pretty well . A bit small for serious outside work but maybe close inshore work would suit in the right conditions.Best to take it for a ride and see how she handles.Being an older boat make sure you check the hull thoroughly for any signs of rot and have a mechanic look over the motor as well ,could possibly save you thousands of dollars :biggrin2:

post-256-1137571388_thumb.jpg

Is this the boat in question ???hull wise as this is the runabout version. :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Hi trippo,This boat looks similar to the bertram hull or carribeans ???It looks to have a decent vee or deadrise and I would think it would handle the chop of bays pretty well . A bit small for serious outside work but maybe close inshore work would suit in the right conditions.Best to take it for a ride and see how she handles.Being an older boat make sure you check the hull thoroughly for any signs of rot and have a mechanic look over the motor as well ,could possibly save you thousands of dollars :biggrin2:

post-256-1137571388_thumb.jpg

Is this the boat in question ???hull wise as this is the runabout version. :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Thanks for you input mate and I will be sure to take it for a test ride first.

• 11 months later...

Hi Raiders,

Thanks

hi trippo ive owned one for ten years and have been very happy with it

its very good on choppy water . a few things to look for check where the motor bolts on for cracking mine has a problem there but nothing a few big ally washers wont fix . it is very easy to launch and retrive but can catch the wind on a windy day most of my fishing was done off the coast of kangaroo island ( sa) in some big swells and one day very windy but i came home safely.im currently using a honda 50 which is maybe a bit underpowered if yuo like to use it for water skiing. as yuo see the colour of mine is red which takes a bit of spit an polish to keep from fading but a lighter colour would be less trouble

ps i think it won boat of the year award in about 1988/9