Kings & Squid on Fire!

Larkin

2 hours ago, Welster said:

What a great session, thanks for the report Larkin.  I always enjoy seeing how people turn their catch into a tasty meal as well.

Thanks Welster, can’t beat fresh seafood!

1 hour ago, fisholb said:

We’ll done mate

still waiting for my 1st legal kingy this season

thanks fisholb!

Managed a couple this week and last week. 

On 2/17/2023 at 3:58 PM, Larkin said:

Thanks Rebel - a calamari banquet at my house lol 😂 

Plenty squid out there now, fished two locations and both held plenty.

Should be a few kings inside - seen large marks on the sounder underneath as we were catching yakkas. Also my neighbour caught a 113cm king slow trolling a livie in the deep Chanel leading out of burraneer bay 3 weeks ago. I saw the photos and it was huge! big fish for the hacking.

Well done boys, saw a video yesterday about hat gymea bath were on fire in the early morning, a lot of burst up.  Mind me asking. The spot for squid is it possible to land base it? I’m hopeless at Squidding. But would like to land a few for a feed🤣

On 2/18/2023 at 9:17 PM, Larkin said:

Hey Rob,

They were shallow - from 2m up to around 6m

At one of the spots, i got a bunch casting in close to shore - within a few meters of the rocks.

Had some for dinner tonight - too good

Lightly dusted in 50% tapioca flour 50% potato flour (potato starch) salt & pepper, and into hot vegetable oil. Chopped coriander, fresh chilli & fresh lime juice coated on top - with a side of grilled kingfish fillet!

I love the cooking & eating just as much as the catching - the cleanup of the kitchen though, is another story…

9F089869-DC4C-444A-B10D-9A9CD6CC8B43.thumb.jpeg.e615bff82fec7088577ecf10216f4062.jpeg

A9910346-508F-4B1F-93F8-116EC0725C4A.thumb.jpeg.ed22a3f32b67b19a64327ec2949d0704.jpeg

Delish!