Jews Still Firing Here

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

The boy and his FB , fished Old bar Beach last night for 4 Small Jews which went less than 3 kilos , so all were returned quickly.

Local legend Steve Peters caught a 25 pounder about 200 yards from where they were , and followed up with two smaller fish which were released , so its the luck of the Draw I supose .

Another angler was reported to have lost a Fish approximately 40/50 lbs somewhere near the entrance of the Manning a few nights back , and another report of a lost fish came from Manning point beach , where its said a fisho lost a 40 minute battle at the drop off , when He lost patience and tried to skull drag it onto the sand.

Mick

G`day Fellas ,

The boy and his FB , fished Old bar Beach last night for 4 Small Jews which went less than 3 kilos , so all were returned quickly.

Local legend Steve Peters caught a 25 pounder about 200 yards from where they were , and followed up with two smaller fish which were released , so its the luck of the Draw I supose .

Another angler was reported to have lost a Fish approximately 40/50 lbs somewhere near the entrance of the Manning a few nights back , and another report of a lost fish came from Manning point beach , where its said a fisho lost a 40 minute battle at the drop off , when He lost patience and tried to skull drag it onto the sand.

Mick

Hey Mick

Quick question, the beaches up there are they mainly surf beaches or is the shore break pretty close in..

Your reports have tempted me to go up there next week, but I tend to spin softplastics off the shore rather than get into the bait fishing thing and prefer a quieter beach to do this off

Cheers

Coach

Edited by Coach

Sounds like some fun is being had up there at night Mick. :biggrin2: What baits are those guys using?

...and another report of a lost fish came from Manning point beach , where its said a fisho lost a 40 minute battle at the drop off , when He lost patience and tried to skull drag it onto the sand.

This quote had me at a bit of a loss though.

With all the time and effort that goes into catching a jew, why one earth why you try to skull drag it onto the beach at the risk of dropping the fish. :wacko: Weird!

Shane

:1fishing1:

Hey Mick

Quick question, the beaches up there are they mainly surf beaches or is the shore break pretty close in..

Your reports have tempted me to go up there next week, but I tend to spin softplastics off the shore rather than get into the bait fishing thing and prefer a quieter beach to do this off

Cheers

Coach

G`day Coach ,

" Our Beach " , ( Wallabi Point to the Old Bar entrance ) is pretty narrow ( shore break pretty close in ) and are continuously ravaged by storms and high tides.

After a 2 day blow of say 20 Knott winds , and large tides , the sand is stripped from the beach , and we are left with a stretch of beach that resembles a gravel driveway.

Now although the odd angler flukes jew on the Odd lure , you are 99% more likely to nail a jew on bait than you are on Plastics.

Accepting a challenge about 18months ago from a verry pushy new arrival from victoria , we fished a good gutter for a period of 2.5 hours , myself using pillies , he Big Softies .

Tally was me .........1 Jew .....12LB , and my antagonist 0, who incidently never got a touch .

It took him 13 months of trying to finally break his duck on placcies here , and it measured all of 57 cms.

Not saying you won`t get em , but its a hell of a drive to go home with sore arms from casting lures for a few days and nothing to show for it.

Mick

Sounds like some fun is being had up there at night Mick. :biggrin2: What baits are those guys using?

This quote had me at a bit of a loss though.

With all the time and effort that goes into catching a jew, why one earth why you try to skull drag it onto the beach at the risk of dropping the fish. :wacko: Weird!

Shane

:1fishing1:

G`day Shane ,

I have to agree 100% mate .

Wasn`t there , so I don`t know what happened , but he wouldn`t be the st bloke to drop a good fish by loosing patience .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

Cheers

Thanks for that Mick,

Agreed that bait is the way to go, I just like chucken the plastics around for some reason ( I dunno why either!!!).

If you see next week a bloke walking up and down doing laps of the beach with a green backpack and a headtorch then say gidday... most probably will be me.

Cheers

G`day Fellas ,

Heyah Hookey ,

Not all that bad here mate , although the youngfella said it was a pain a few nights back.

It helps when the tides are smaller , because it doesn`t get washed up high on the beach to rot in the sun , and then to have it dragged back 12 hours later when it mostly just stays in the drop off and turns to slurry.

Ya dad and John been getting any , I have`nt heard them mentioned in despatches of late.

The boy fished smiths last night for a couple of sharks , and 3 odd tailor , but nothing else to mention.

Mick

Hey Mick, hope all is going well for you.

Those beaches up your way must be jewfish heaven!!!!

Cheers

Martin

Hey Martin ,

When It fires mate , its verry verry good , and the opposite applys doubble.

Mick