Culburra Trip

kane

Hi Guys,

Got a boys weekend away fishing lined up for the 4th and 5th. We will be fishing from a 6m Cruise Craft. So unless there is massive seas we can get anywhere. My question is does anyone have any recommendations for fishing down there. We will be chasing Hopefully kings, snapper and we will be definately heading wide in hope for maybe mr marlin. Locations / depths /gps marks / spots for catching livies

any info will be appreciated and the favour will be returned

cheers :beersmile:

Kane

Hi Guys,

Got a boys weekend away fishing lined up for the 4th and 5th. We will be fishing from a 6m Cruise Craft. So unless there is massive seas we can get anywhere. My question is does anyone have any recommendations for fishing down there. We will be chasing Hopefully kings, snapper and we will be definately heading wide in hope for maybe mr marlin. Locations / depths /gps marks / spots for catching livies

any info will be appreciated and the favour will be returned

cheers :beersmile:

Kane

Hi Kane ,my brother lives at Greenwell Point and tells me there is a heap of beakies down that way at the moment with very blue water pushing into the coast and the big dolphin fish are around as well .He has been going out and braining the fish and his mate has been getting whopper kings to 20 kgs on the BANKS and down at the bommie at currarong .Live slimies slow trolled around the Banks and out to a place called the block and cheese should see you get on to some great fish .For the reddies try Penquin Head or Nowra Hill and if you are adventureous head down south to the JERVIS BAY canyons for some excellent Marlin fishing .If you can get a stripey or a live frigate tow it on 24 kgs really slowly out towards the shelf and it shouldnt last long :thumbup:

Cheers Swordfisherman

• 2 weeks later...

Kane,

As it turns out I will be heading down to Culburra next weekend fishing out of my older brothers 28ft centre console and hoping to find some good kings and maybe a Marlin. I will be most interested to hear how your weekend goes. Last time I was down there there were bait schools everywhere about 1km off shore.

Burnsy