Damn round-a-bouts

noelm

2 hours ago, noelm said:

Nowra is a real peach isn’t it? Even if they started a bypass right now, it would still take years to build, as it stands, we have to wait until “they” find a suitable alternative, then wait the years to complete it. Maybe do the straight ahead at Gerringong and finish at the Jervis Bay turnoff anyway, and just forget the old highway?

Im guessing that aint going to happen in our lifetimes!!

• Like 1

I’m not too sure they can go the Gerroa/Shoalhaven Heads route due to the sandy soil being so soft. The existing road there has always had a weight limit on it for that reason and there’s also the large expanse of floodplain to be considered.

I doubt I’ll ever see the Nowra bypass in my lifetime as it’s constantly talked about and placed into the too hard basket. The next upgrade for the highway is to extend the dual carriageway from Jervis Bay Road through to Sussex Inlet Road and the Milton bypass I believe.

4 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

I’m not too sure they can go the Gerroa/Shoalhaven Heads route due to the sandy soil being so soft. The existing road there has always had a weight limit on it for that reason and there’s also the large expanse of floodplain to be considered.

I doubt I’ll ever see the Nowra bypass in my lifetime as it’s constantly talked about and placed into the too hard basket. The next upgrade for the highway is to extend the dual carriageway from Jervis Bay Road through to Sussex Inlet Road and the Milton bypass I believe.

Milton/Ulladulla bypass would be nice, I “think” that’s marked out already? Just waiting on funds and stuff like that (but I could be wrong) I really can’t see a viable route for a Nowra bypass, maybe west at North Nowra, then across the river and continue west of Nowra to near the University somewhere and keep going out past Albatross until south of the Huskisson turn off?? Whatever is decided, it needs to be done NOW, not in 10 years time. It’s a never ending problem, every time you build a bypass, the next town is the issue, then the next town, Burril Lake, Tubourie , Batemans Bay, Narooma…..where does it end?

• Like 1

There is some allocated land, put aside on the Ilaroo Rd, which runs down to the river, this was supposedly put aside as future bypass. I drive past it everyday, large power lines run either side. BUT, They chucked money into the new bridge and the Bypass near completed near our place, has not been made suitable for the huge traffic that the main by pass would offer. It will help us, as mentioned,  miss all the bridge traffic when wanting to head north, but it won't take long for long weekend and holiday folk to cotton on and divert and try to beat the grid locked traffic and use it...... as mentioned, we just stay at home during those times.... Outside those times, the traffic flows pretty good really, no issue.. But Yep, they have missed the boat with a main Nowra bypass me thinks.

• Like 1