Best beaches too light spin off southcoast

stainer10

Hey my dudes, I'm new too the shoalhaven I grew up in cronulla and as a young lad my dad would take me too bundeena and gibbon allot early morning an we'd just walk up and down the beach spinning a light/medium setup.. I've recently  bought myself a  nice little rig and I'm super keen too try a few beaches around shoalhaven. Had a couple in mind just from looking at the maps and kinda mimicking at best similar structure too bundeena beach... ur guys experience would be muchly appreciated 🤙

Pretty broad question @stainer10. What are you planning to spin for?
Salmon and tailor, or flathead, bream and whiting. They’re totally different forms of fishing and different areas on a beach, or beaches themselves, often fish better than others.   
Also are you looking to fish open surf beaches or calmer ones, like those inside Jervis Bay?

Edited by Green Hornet
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, stainer10 said:

Yeh should have stated that.. flathead mainly so calmer beaches also as my setup is light. 3_6kg rod 2500 reel

Any beach will do then, just pick one close to home and work from there.

I find flathead best when the waves are fairly small and easier to find around the low tide, when they move off the flats and into the shallow gutters. Work your lure all the way back as they often lay right in close in water shallower than knee deep.

• Like 1