Campbells River near Black Srpings

sashkello

Hi all!

I'll be heading from Canberra to Oberon this weekend and will surely fish Oberon Dam (and then proceed for Duckmaloi & Lake Lyell), but I also thought to check out whether there is any place I can stop for a quick flick on the way? Looks like the road is crossing Campbells River before entering Black Springs. Is that section of the river next to the bridge fishable? NSW anglers access map doesn't show any access points on it... even though I did encounter some fishing reports from the river (but nothing in past few years). Any other streams I can check out on the way? 

Cheers!

Reporting back. Abercombie River around campground is not too shallow, but very sluggish and very murky. No luck there and haven't seen any fish activity at all. With a lot of debris in the water, prime for losing your lures. Other than that, it looked like it would be very fishable on a better day... Campbells River is basically 10cm deep at bridge crossing, even though the flow was good and clear, didn't bother walking along. Oberon lake good as expected, got a 40cm rainbow within 10 minutes and walked away to envious looks of dozen other fishos who were still casting for nothing... Beginners luck... 

• Like 2