Help needed - sydney harbour winter pelagics

Hi All, tomorrow me and some mates are going out on my friends boat for a serious no nonsense fishing trip around the harbour (usually not much fishing goes on on these outings) and we are looking to catch some pelagic fish such as bonito, salmon, tailor and maybe the elusive kingfish. usually we just anchor up somewhere and drop baits down for whatever will bite and are looking for some pointers to get onto some of these fish. Ive got 4 frozen arrow squid that were caught in a previous session and was wondering whether to use them whole or cut them up into baits, e.g squid head and strips and whether to troll them around or go around to certain spots and drop them down. We can pretty much go anywhere around sydney harbour but not really too far out the heads due to the 2m swells tomorrow. We will be launching the boat at roseville and are looking for any bits of advice on tides, location, baits, lures, really anything to help us get onto some fish would be much appreciated :).

If you want to target kings on baits I wouldn’t bother with frozen arrow squid, you’ll need very fresh or preferably live squid or cuttlefish, but this time of year there’s always salmon feeding on micro bait between Clarke island and the military exclusion zone. Just wind small plastics or metals through the bustups and you should hookup.