10 hours ago, wazatherfisherman said:

Good fish Mike, worthy of sacrificing the net! The big ones always look angry!

Hey Waza, sure was worth sacrificing the net! Don’t think I’ll find many more that size. They look angry for sure! This one was surprisingly cooperative for photography and release.

I’m taking your big lure big fish advice to heart as you can see Waza😎

6 hours ago, big Neil said:

I love catching Tailor, they are very strong fighters and powerful adversaries. Also, ruthless killing machines that hit hard and mercilessly. That is a very fine specimen Mike...well done.

I know that most people don't rate their eating qualities but FRESH they are pretty good to eat, excellent if smoked.

Well done,    bn

Hey Neil, yeah they are great when they get to a good size. Refreshing change from the littlies I normally encounter.

I like eating them too. Never smoked them though.

• Haha 1

Very nice tailor there! If it were me it would be going straight in the smoker! A couple of suggestions on the net - you can use a couple of small cable ties to close the hole up and clip off the tag end. If youve got one of those rubber knotless nets, ive read you can melt the rubber (very carefully!) to fix it - Im not sure how well that works though and might depend on the type of rubber.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toadmaster said:

Very nice tailor there! If it were me it would be going straight in the smoker! A couple of suggestions on the net - you can use a couple of small cable ties to close the hole up and clip off the tag end. If youve got one of those rubber knotless nets, ive read you can melt the rubber (very carefully!) to fix it - Im not sure how well that works though and might depend on the type of rubber.

Cheers Toadmaster. Melting the rubber is something I hadn’t thought of! I’ve repaired it temporarily with mono as per @Green Hornet’s suggestions while I wait for a replacement, but if I can repair it, it’d be good to have a spare.

9 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

Cheers Toadmaster. Melting the rubber is something I hadn’t thought of! I’ve repaired it temporarily with mono as per @Green Hornet’s suggestions while I wait for a replacement, but if I can repair it, it’d be good to have a spare.

If they get any bigger than that you're going to need a gaff!

• Haha 1