Struggling to put float stoppers on 😂. Is there an easier way?

Posted (edited)

Not good with my hands so I find float stoppers annoying to put on my line. Is there an easier way to do this? The two-piece plastic ones always come loose so I use the rubber ones with the tiny hole but I find them hard to thread through my line.

Edited by TheFishyFisherman

Get the ones that come on a wire chain, they are soooo much easier to put on. You just thread your line through the hole and slide the stopper on.

image.png.d1928af0fa9b0d2eac347c43dcd626a8.png

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Do you use the wire bobbin that they come on?
If not you just thread your line through the loop in the wire, grab the stopper and slide it off wire threading your line through in the process.

Edited by Green Hornet
  • Like 3

As the boys have said above put your line through the wire, wet your line to assist with sliding and pull on in one movement. There are different sized and coloured ones, as well as a few different shapes. I like the cylindrical rubber ones as they have a longer purchase on your line, use two not one for absolute non-slip grip.

Another advantage of using 2 is you can adjust shorter for example and know the exact change in depth by only moving the lower one first- if you are 'prospecting' various depths

• Like 3