South West Rocks

Blood Knot

Hi guys -

I am heading up to SouthWest Rocks this weekend coming. Staying at a caravan park on "Back Creek". The boat is staying at home, so I am looking for any advice on landbased fishing at "Back Creek" or around SWR generally.

Probably more inclined to fish plastics than bait but happy to take on board any recommendations.

Thanks John

Guest bluecod

Fish the sandflats in Back Creek for the last hour of the rising tide at night from the end of the jetty for bream and whiting. The breakwall at the river can fish well for jew, bream and cobia [if they are there] - another shot for ballooning live bait is the small reef in front of the gaol for cobia, mack tuna, the occasional y'fin and a possibility for a small black [park in the gaol carpark - look out to sea and down - it is only about 50 metres offshore - and you should see it].

If you're staying in the Caravan Park at Back Creek take plenty of mossie and sandfly repellant :1yikes:

Cheers Bluecod -

Thanks for the info on the fishing will try and find car space for a bit of heavy gear as well the tackle shop that normally travels with me.

Appreciate the heads up on the bugs. My wife is real draw card for mozzies and once bitten a few times tends to become a bit contrary. :wife:

John