My Baitrunner Is Not Making Noise

insolent

While fishing on weekend I caught a decent sized flathead :1yikes: which took a bit of line off the baitrunner. Now when I engage the freespool mode the reel does not make the rachet noise as line is stripped.

The baitrunner is a Bannax 4000 size.

Is this easy to fix or should I return it to the manufacturer to fix?

Edited by Evil

Sounds like the spring on the clicker has either dislodged or broken. You could try and order the part and replace it but I suggest you send it back to an authorised Shimano service agent. I've attached a link to a service manual that will give you and idea on how many parts your looking at if you try to tackle it on your own.

Sounds like the spring on the clicker has either dislodged or broken. You could try and order the part and replace it but I suggest you send it back to an authorised Shimano service agent. I've attached a link to a service manual that will give you and idea on how many parts your looking at if you try to tackle it on your own.

Thanks for the help

This is dangerous advice - but I reckon it's worth a shot at fixing it yourself. Reels aren't that complicated, especially the little overheads, and if you stuff it up you can always send it in for the experts to fix. If, on the other hand, you don't stuff it up you just might find yourself picking up new skills in reel repair.

That's how it worked for me. :thumbup:

Mondo