Tuggerah Lakes

kevvie

hi raiders, just a quick report for all the central coast fishos :1fishing1:

In amongnst the maelstrom of holiday fishos tuggerah lakes still produces the goods... god knows why?

After years of commercial abuse, rec abuse and lake entrance closures i cant believe this still thrives with fish every year... anyway enough of this rhetoric lets get down to details.

I took some proverbial newcomers to sp's out for a flick around the main channel and was up against it as the run-in was gin clear and locating fish was impossible. Waiting for the turn was a little frustrating but the wait paid off. Using stickbaits the flatties started coming with the murky run-out and action was heating up. Unfortunately tailor were also playing the game and things were becoming expensive. To me who cares about sp carnage, that's whats it all about. To the newbies it was devastating to have thier lures decimated in seconds of a cast. I found it a great sideshow.

The best thing about newcomers is the luck they seem to bring to the day. My mate hooked onto a stunner flatty of around 3kg and we were carrying on like a bunch of silly buggers, what a first catch, how easy is this game i heard him say. Not to be outdone his old man 5 mins later and within 3 meters of the last fish connected to something that was substantially larger... i called it for a ray more in desperation than anything else. Sure enough it was a monster lizard. At 4.5kg this was his biggest fish ever and first on a lure. Beginners luck, f#$@ me!

In the wash up we got a dozen keepers, a few bream but none of any note, a leatherjacket and 6 blue swimmers from the dillys we put that morning. A bloody great day out and a rewarding day to see more convets to this lure game. If only i had shares in an sp company i could justify my sales ability... make these converts number 30... were's the sponsorship :074::074::074::074:

Nice one Kevvie. Good to here there are still some decent fish in their after the flogging its been copping.

I seem to still struggle their unable to land anything of a decent size. Mind if I ask where abouts in the channel you fish ?

Cheers

gidday kevvie,

long time no report,

good to see u back in the jist of things...

gotta tell u mate im no longer a sp virgin :yahoo:

been out in the bay flicking around 3inch minnows and nailed a few nice fish i think im converted haha

still keen to get out there with u soon,

cheers steve

Thanks Kevvie,

Ive only ever land based around the Entrance, havent put the boat in thier yet. I still reckon there's a decent fish to be had from the bank but havent yet cracked a productive spot.

I would love to have a crack at the eps in the system myself ,we might make a day of it later in the year Grant :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman

We were heading up to the entrance chasing the incoming tide for a bit of early morning fishing and bugger me if it didn't start raining within the last 15 mins of the trip up. We ended up going to Woy Woy and fishing off a jetty. It was off to the left hand side heading towards it and at the end of a straight along the obviously man made wall (sorry it's not more specific but there was a green power box or transformer on the side of the road). I know there's a bus terminal there, or at least a number of busses parked there, and a fisheries office with a trawler (?) tied up out the back. As the tide comes in, the water really moves and we picked up quite a few fish there, some starfish and a couple of squid so there seems to be a fair few fish up that way for sure. None were legal but it kept us busy.

Click Here for the actual report.

gidday kevvie,

long time no report,

good to see u back in the jist of things...

gotta tell u mate im no longer a sp virgin :yahoo:

been out in the bay flicking around 3inch minnows and nailed a few nice fish i think im converted haha

still keen to get out there with u soon,

cheers steve

what have you been catchin bro... good to hear your getting some. We'll make a day of it soon mate. I have only got back to work last week so ill report every week again now. I havnt stopped fishing ive been doing pretty well on the kings in syd harbour. Bad about the pollution though

I would love to have a crack at the eps in the system myself ,we might make a day of it later in the year Grant :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman

I would be in for that, the whole system including the rivers have not produced for me yet, and i am determined to do well their if it kills me !

Well done, kevvie! The biggest I've caught in the main channel went 70cm. I've actually found that the run-in tide was best for me (before the holidays got into full swing). That leatherjacket's not a surprise - there's some agressive buggers around! Too true about the fishing, though - I managed 15 keeper flatties in a 3-hour session more than once (plus 5 bream to 40cm one day- they're there!). Glad to hear about the initiation of the sp virgins. 4.5kg isn't a bad start!!! :1prop: I'm envious.

Flattieman.