Trailer-able Boat Covers

Stevo

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has contacts for guys that make boat covers.

I'm looking for a quality cover as my boat is stored outside, so im hoping for it to last afew years at least.

A Question for any of you with similar covers....

Does you cover strap your actual Hull or to the trailer?? i would prefer the trailer option but im open to opinions.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stevo :ohyeh:

HI Stevo,

I replied to a similar post on SF the other for Chewie.

I had a guy called On-Site Boat Covers come out to my house and custom make mine. I went for vinyl but I could've had canvas and attaching to the trailer was an option but more expensive and there is a chance a air getting under it and 'ballooning' while travelling so mine attaches to the hull. Mine cost just on $400 and 2.5 years old and there is no sign of any deteriation and is outside all the time too.

ON-SITE COVERS

Gerard - 0415 227212

Frank - 0414 227212

MickP also got a cover done by them, I think Frank did mine.

Ozy

post-13-1096244901_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ozy

Thanks Ozy,

I'll give frank a call and ask him him some questions.

I went to SF first, but as always something was not working and in this case it was the search function :thumbdown:

Just looking at the photo you posted, is there some sort of rod that you need to put across your boat so there is no puddle in your cover when it rains????

and i would think they supply this?

They did supply conduit that slides into a sewn in sleeve and fits into the gunwhale channel which is great when the boat is parked but when travelling because the conduit is round it bows down the other way so I have replaced it with rectangle profile aluminium tubing that fits into the gunwhale channel and i bent to shape and it won't turn over.

They may have changed this by now and i'll send you a pic if you can't understand :D .

They also sew in double thickness vinyl on potential wear spots :thumbsup:

Edited by Ozy