Is it possible to be unaffected by flathead spikes?

I've been hit 3x so far by flathead near their head area while handling them, latest being today.  While I can't say for sure that it's their venomous spikes that are breaking my skin, I am not sure what else around their heads would be sharp enough to break skin while they're flailing.  It's always while I'm gripping them precariously close...

Anyway, each time I've been hit so far, I would bleed for about 1-2 minutes then the bleeding slows and stops after another min or so.  There is some pain afterwards but not to the extent that I've read online about how painful it's supposed to be.  It's more like slight discomfort in the area, about the size of a $1 coin. 

Now I'm not about to go and test my theory and purposefully spike myself with a flathead next time I catch one, but is it possible:

1. To be unaffected or less affected by the anticoagulant?

2. To be more or less unaffected by the pain caused by what I presume is the venom?  I have a normal pain tolerance so can't be that, so I'm more wondering if it's even possible to be less affected by venom without having an antivenom.

Or it could boil down to the 3x I've been hit, that it wasn't the spikes and that I'm in for a surprise one day still 😅

19 minutes ago, wazatherfisherman said:

Next time you get spiked try this- rub the slime from the Flathead onto the wound, there is usually more 'slime' on the belly area (/the slime I think is actually perspiration). This works for many demersal species

Like Waza said, Belly Slime every time. Not just for flatties.

yep belly slime works, one of the weird things I learnt from Shroom lol. Also I always use a net+lip grip for them now. Get a plastic one if you don't want to spend a fortune on a quality stainless steel one - the cheap metal grips are proven to break down in saltwater