Back on the water

Had about an hour to fish this afternoon, so hit up a local bay.  Amazing weather out, and nothing better than to spend it outside fishing breathing the fresh air and admiring the beauty that is Sydney. 

I threw out some topwater lures to start after getting inspiration from @DerekD sending me his topwater catches....  Had no luck for a bit but also was having a bit of trouble doing the walk the dog.  I always thought it was like riding a bike, you just never forget the mechanics of it but looks like I have some practice to put in.  

Swapped over to some soft plastics which got me a few missed hook ups, I would guess it's small tailor tugging at it.  After moving about and casting to new areas available due to a rising tide, I finally connected with a solid fish.  It pulled some line and felt heavy on the other side and put up a good fight.  Bringing it up was a little tough but got it in:

image.thumb.jpeg.8842e313bd179c06f8a4c70967d7acd8.jpeg

It gave me the flatty kiss on my thumb as I tried to pick it up.  Back into the water it went and shortly after, caught a small pinkie about the size of an open palm, though no picture of that one.  After that, was just some more missed hook ups though I could see flashes of silver in the water all about and active.  It feels like the fish are finally a little more fired up now as I've been having more luck lately fishing!

• Like 4