Topwater chopper frenzy

lhan

Hi raiders,

@Little_Flatty kindly invited me to join him for a luderick session so I could learn yet another amazing fishing method from him. Long story short - he's a great mentor, I learnt the basics about float fishing luderick. He got a fish and I donuted. It's very pleasing watching floats and having some casual chat with a fellow raider. Quoted from Mike himself "this is good for the soul".

Then it's time that Mike had to leave and I switched to my light lure outfit to explore the area a bit. The surface is extremely quiet so I think it would be good to popper the water a bit. But the splash prawn didn't score me anything. Then I reached to my micro jigs to cover the most grounds as I can - very quiet still, no bites, no chase. After that I'm in believe that fish doesn't want to play due to the rain etc. so I could just practice topwater walkers a bit more then call it a day. Tied on a 65mm slippery dog and started to walk, it was when things started to turn. There must be a school of small tailors cruising under the surface and they're willing to swim up to attach my topwater lure. Big splashes, missed hook ups, continuous attacks - all the exciting stuff about topwater. Just it's all from chopper tailor. In 10mins I landed 5 of them. They're tiny but still some fun on light gear. Satisfied with it I packed up and left for work.

Interestingly my last noon session is also saved by topwater tailor after failed jigs/plastics trial. If it's weeks ago I couldn't imagine topwater could be my last resort. It's great fun and can be productive too, even not at the prime time.

image.thumb.png.a7a0f8d98dd599b9bea0ff5538dc57e8.png 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 11

Good to catch up for a little fish Henry and glad you were able to witness the whole process from start to finish. My only gripe was that it all happened on my rod instead of yours! But it's good for you to witness two downs, especially given I missed one (lesson to be learned there!).

The fish itself was nothing to write home about, barely legal and quickly released:

image.png.0afd6353ad9e452df088c3e55fbabbbd.png

Good that you got on the board afterwards. Don't be fooled into believing topwater doesn't work during the day. It does! I only fish mornings because it's convenient for me, not because it's necessarily good for fishing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Little_Flatty said:

Good to catch up for a little fish Henry and glad you were able to witness the whole process from start to finish. My only gripe was that it all happened on my rod instead of yours! But it's good for you to witness two downs, especially given I missed one (lesson to be learned there!).

The fish itself was nothing to write home about, barely legal and quickly released:

image.png.0afd6353ad9e452df088c3e55fbabbbd.png

Good that you got on the board afterwards. Don't be fooled into believing topwater doesn't work during the day. It does! I only fish mornings because it's convenient for me, not because it's necessarily good for fishing.

Thanks Mike! It's always a good start for a day by fishing and it's better to learn sth new from you. There're plenty of choices on the decke now for myself. Need to make a hard call every time I went out!

• Like 1