Essential Lures For My Arsenal?

Guest BBM Rick

Guest BBM Rick

Just like the heading, what are your "must haves"? Please spec what type, size & colour and for what species.

Cheers,

Rick.

Just like the heading, what are your "must haves"? Please spec what type, size & colour and for what species.

Cheers,

Rick.

SX40S in any colour and one of my favs pink smiling jack in the raw prawn for bream and a gold laser pro for good measure

Bass any diver that goes to around 8 to ten feet works fine and eco gear lipless crankbaits in the smaller versions which I have just started using after being introduced to them by Swoffa on a ep bash one day and boy do they catch some fish :biggrin2:

post-256-1139375578_thumb.jpg

Cheers Swordfisherman

Edited by Guest

Guest BBM Rick

Yes, I saw that too and thought it rather amusing. I dont need lures for my arse, it attracts enough female attention already. :biggrin2:

Thanks for the info Swordy, I really appreciate it! Bream fishing is my thing, but am keen to give the Bass a go, as I have never fished fresh water before. If you are ever looking for some company, just holler, salt or fresh water, it dont matter none. Mark (Muddy 4x4) had nothing but kind words to say about you when you took him out on Chippo, he and I used to work together and I never knew he was into fishing until I joined this site! Anyway, thanks again.

Anyone else got any faves?

Rick.

G'day,

I've had a fair bit of success with bream on halco sneeky scorpions in brown trout and tiger,k sx40s in a multitude of colours depending on conditions(water colour etc), i really like the 307 in clear water.

I recently started using an attack in pink and purple which seems promising but still putting it through its paces

But no "arse" is complete without some poppers, used in the right conditions it is a really visual and exiting way to fish.

Havn't done much bassin' so i cant help you there, sorry.

all the best, Dan.

Guest BBM Rick

Have gotten a few Eco bibless cranking lures and Jackalls, a few poppers and jitterbugs. On the advise of Tony at ABA, I went down to the Penrith Rowing Club and had a cast under the bridge. 3 bust ups, 3 lures gone, but no fish :05: . So still chasing my first Bass. Will keep you informed.

Edited by BBM Rick

Hey BBMRick,

Everyone is getting hits down there behind the rowing club but me :074::074:

I've been using Buggi Pops, Chugga Bugs, Basscada's all to no avail yet. I now have a Kokoda Bat to add to the list of things I'm chucking.... :biggrin2:

I'd love to get busted up, at least it would be better than what I'm getting right now which is sweet FA. Once I nail a fish I'll be right but that first is proving difficult for me.

Anyway, I'll keep trying and it will happen :thumbup:

Cheers,

Guest BBM Rick
Once I nail a fish I'll be right

Haha, thats what I thought, but I tell ya, as soon as you know your on they are in those weeds! Once they hit the weed thay feel like they triple in mass, and bang, your gone......(not to mention $20 jackalls)

Rick.

Yeah, no way I'm throwing Jackalls at them, Kokoda G-vibes maybe but you have to find them in the gold colour. The boys at the Bass Angler didn't have any last night.

What size leader are you using and are you using mono or flouro?? I was told mono is better on surface lures cause it doesn't sink and affect the lures action????

I was advised to use at least a 12lb leader cause if they reach the weeds like you say, they don't come out!!

Might see ya down there one day soon :biggrin2:

Cheers

David.

Guest BBM Rick

I was definitely fishing too light for the conditions, 4lb fireline and 10lb flouro leader. Hope to see you down there some time. I will be the big baldy fella. :1prop: