Prawns Anyone?

Guest johblow

Guest johblow

Did anyone do any good with prawns this summer? Narrabeen or Avoca? Ive had my finger off the pulse with work for a while, and i dont even know if narra is open (though i assume it must be by now). Would have liked to have gotten some prawns this season, i dunno if its too late now... im looking to improve on my personal best of last summer - which is 1 prawn. In case you are interested, he was very tasty. I was so suprised how similar live prawns look to soft plastic prawns... hahaha... makes sense of course in hindsight!

Did anyone do any good with prawns this summer? Narrabeen or Avoca? Ive had my finger off the pulse with work for a while, and i dont even know if narra is open (though i assume it must be by now). Would have liked to have gotten some prawns this season, i dunno if its too late now... im looking to improve on my personal best of last summer - which is 1 prawn. In case you are interested, he was very tasty. I was so suprised how similar live prawns look to soft plastic prawns... hahaha... makes sense of course in hindsight!

Mate, the lake's still closed and the water level's dropping again. I was up there this morning. According to the guys in the local tackle shops there's no talk of opening it. My cousin had a few good nights prawning before Christmas but I don't know about the last few weeks. I've been meaning to give it a go too but I'm a lazy bugger.

Cheers,

Josh

Guest johblow

i didnt even know you could go prawning in narrabeen? :wacko:

where abouts in the lake can u catch prawns there?

During summer you can usually get them at night on the run out near where the channel empties into the sea. But it seems that the entrance to the lagoon is still closed at the mo. Its a wonderful place narrabeen - we are so lucky to have such a nice sandy spot in the suburbs. Ive done really well around both bridges with yabbies.