Coral Sea Trip Report

jimnicdusty

Here is a few more photos of the Wahoooooooooooo

post-6149-1244204027_thumb.jpg

post-6149-1244204053_thumb.jpg

post-6149-1244204068_thumb.jpg

post-6149-1244204008_thumb.jpg

That afternoon we headed into Surprise reef as we couldn't get Wreck reef due to the strong winds predicted the next day. That day we got onto a couple more GT's and went and snorkled with the fishes - what a great experience that was.

post-6149-1244204324_thumb.jpg

post-6149-1244204353_thumb.jpg

post-6149-1244204378_thumb.jpg

post-6149-1244204392_thumb.jpg

post-6149-1244204415_thumb.jpg

Spent the last couple of days chasing reef fish for a feed before we headed home.

Have already started planning for next years trip as this will be a yearly trip.

Can post a few more photos if you are interested.

Cheers Jim

Would like to thank my ever patient :wife: for typing out my post

Fantastic report and photos mate. I can certainly see why you are making it an annual event. There are some great GTs amongst that lot ... in fact, all the fish were bloody impressive!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Great Report their

Your first lure shot - how many lures did you actually lose?

Im doing a FNQ trip and want to get an idea on quantity of lures

Hi sk

i only lost 5 lures a couple of the boys lost 7 or 8 my recomendation would be to change all the hooks and

splitrings on all your lures because nearly every lure that dident have them changed had the hooks eather pulled of the lure due to inadequate split rings or the hooks were straightend. The only lure that dident dident need any thing changed was river2sea killer vibe. I changed all my split rings and hooks before i left for the trip. split rings were decoy 200,250and 300lb and the hooks i used were singles owner sj41 11/0 heavy jig hooks run back to back on the belly and a single on the tail.

Brilliant, Brilliant Brilliant!!!!!!

More photo's please.

Also any stats on the Wahoo and big GT.

Cheers

Trapper Tom

the big GT was about 45kg the smaller one in the pics weighed 22kg. all GT's were released

and the big wahoo that my dad caught weighed 38 kg most of the other wahoo weighed

24kg to 28kg we kept 8 and all the other ones were released.