Albies And Fin

mikeh191

Hi Guys, headed down with a mate to bermagui monday morning with plans to meet up with 3 other mates who were already down there.Left at 1.15 am and arrived at bermi 5.15am caught up with the guys had a coffee loaded the boat up and headed for the boat ramp.Headed offshore in search of some good water and about 40nm out the water looked good and with a few birds cruising around we decided to put a spread out, trolled for another 10nm east for nothing and with the water temp dropping a call was made to head back to where the good water was and start cubing. Turned out to be a great call as we cubed for only half an hour and fish started to show on the sounder, not long after a reel started screaming and with a short fight up came a 8kg albie. :thumbup: Wasn't long before another 6kg albie hit the deck. :thumbup: Went a bit quiet for a while with the odd show of fish about 25 to 30 metres down on the sounded so we dropped a pillie with bomb on it down and it didn't last long, after a good 25 to 30 minute fight a fin about 55kg hits the deck. :yahoo: Ended up with 2 more fin after that for the day,my one about the same size estimated [55kg] but not sure as we didn't weight them it measured 152cm. The other one a little bigger. We were in 2000 fathoms of water and water temp was 18.3 to 18.7.When we got back to the ramp we seemed to be the only boat that had any luck as most other boats had nothing and said it was very quiet.All in all a great days :fishing1: and well worth the drive down.

Pictures to come.

Cheers Mike

post-7680-1279113806_thumb.jpg

post-7680-127911425179_thumb.jpg

post-7680-127911428994_thumb.jpg

Edited by FISHBONES

Hi Guys, headed down with a mate to bermagui monday morning with plans to meet up with 3 other mates who were already down there.Left at 1.15 am and arrived at bermi 5.15am caught up with the guys had a coffee loaded the boat up and headed for the boat ramp.Headed offshore in search of some good water and about 40nm out the water looked good and with a few birds cruising around we decided to put a spread out, trolled for another 10nm east for nothing and with the water temp dropping a call was made to head back to where the good water was and start cubing. Turned out to be a great call as we cubed for only half an hour and fish started to show on the sounder, not long after a reel started screaming and with a short fight up came a 8kg albie. :thumbup: Wasn't long before another 6kg albie hit the deck. :thumbup: Went a bit quiet for a while with the odd show of fish about 25 to 30 metres down on the sounded so we dropped a pillie with bomb on it down and it didn't last long, after a good 25 to 30 minute fight a fin about 55kg hits the deck. :yahoo: Ended up with 2 more fin after that for the day,my one about the same size estimated [55kg] but not sure as we didn't weight them it measured 152cm. The other one a little bigger. We were in 2000 fathoms of water and water temp was 18.3 to 18.7.When we got back to the ramp we seemed to be the only boat that had any luck as most other boats had nothing and said it was very quiet.All in all a great days :fishing1: and well worth the drive down.

Pictures to come.

Cheers Mike

Hi Fellow Raiders,

Mike rang me yesterday, with the news that he had caught a yellow fin at Bermi and would I be interested in helping him devour some of the fish. In no time, I was over at his place and he handed over a nice slab of prime yellow fin. The last 2 dinners at my place, have seen Bermagui yellow fin sashimi on the menu, yummmmm.

Many thanks Mike.

Regards Kit

well done mate on some keg fin's good to see u got the monkey of ya back :074::wife:

fingers crossed they ariive in sydney of that size! must be that black jacket that brings u luck! :biggrin2:

Edited by mc fishn

awesome.

may i ask you Mike,

are there big fish still there off shore at Bermi?

is it mainly just fin and albies, or are there fin, albies and bluefin?

Hi Sam,im sure there are still bigfish offshore as the longliners are still down there. Just need to find the better water, we were actually targeting blue fin but didnt see any.Im mate had a chat to some longliner guys and they said to look for the warmer water and work it, and thats what we did.

Cheers Mike