Good Arvo Around Towra.

JET01

Went for a fish after work. Boat in at 5pm

Started with a troll from the sticks around past Molineaux bay and down towards the runway but realised i was running out of time. Jagged a small tailor just as i decided to leave. put it back in and headed over to towra.

Picked up an undersize flounder first cast... squidgy pro wrigler with sfactor. a few casts later, undersized flathead. after not catching anything for about 15mins i changed lures to a 3inch Minnow in Nuclear chicken... things changed straight away. The wind completely died off and the water was like glass... i noticed some movement in the water and cast into it. Hooked onto a 42cm Trevally (PB). Took a picture and got the lure back into the water... a few casts later around the same spot and bag i was on again. Trevally again this time 43cm! As you can see from the pic i was pretty happy. About 5 casts after that. I picked up a nice 50cm flathead. With an empty freezer at home, I kept all three fish. Things went quiet for around 15mins then caught another 39cm flathead that i put back in :thumbup:

It was getting dark but i couldn't leave after having so much luck.

So used the electric motor to start heading back toward the tom uglies boat ramp hugging the shallows... then bang... Big wait and some head shakes. I was thinking it was a big flatty, i still haven't caught one bigger than 58cm and this felt huge... it took a bit of a run, but it didn't last long... Kind of felt like a combination of a squid and a flathead, then this thing came up... Looks like some kind of catfish that was 67cm. I was so disappointed... when the head came up i thought it was going to be about an 80cm flatty. I know there's a Fish Thread, but i'm a little short of time right now.

My girlfriend met me at the ramp on the way home from work and helped me get the boat back on the ramp and get the fish cleaned up.

Great afternoon. 4 nice Trevally fillets for dinner and a whole flatty for tomorrow.

Forgot to take a pic of the 50cm flatty.

Both trevally, 50cm flatty and Catfish type thing were all caught on the same 3'minnow in Nuclear chicken, 3g 2/0 jig head, 6lb braid, 7lb leader, 702 Pflueger Trion, Shimano Stradic CI4.

post-12306-029525200 1287487614_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of the Catfish... post-12306-044524100 1287561743_thumb.jpg

Had another great arvo on the bay this arvo.

Caught this 60cm flatty in the same spot that I fished yesterday. I took my friend with me today to show him where i caught the trevally and flathead... the wind was up a bit and he doesn't really like spinning when it's at all windy. First cast bang i was onto this, my PB flatty, on a 3' Minnow in nuclear chicken again. Exactly the same rig that i had yesterday. I'm pretty proud of this flatty. It's going to be my first entry into fish of the month.

post-12306-046814300 1287561930_thumb.jpg

I can't figure out how to get the time stamp on the pic.

Thanks Bloopin,

I've been keeping my eye out for you in your yak over the last few sessions since you posted that footage.

I always wear that Green hat, so don't be shy to wave me over for a yarn one day or if you're feeling lazy and want a tow somewhere.

The Trevallies were amazing fun, best fun i've had with my pants on for a while, we've now got some nice fillets in the freezer ready for the next time we cook a fish curry. I have a soft spot for Flathead fishing so the 60cm lizard is still my favourite catch so far.

I'm going to be spending a fair bit of time in the towra area over the next few outtings, not only does there seem to be plenty of fish around, but it's a beautiful part of the world too. The :wife: loves it aswell, took a few photos last time we were out. I'll get a few of them shrunk and posted.

Does anyone know exactly what species that catfish is?

Still haven't heard if i've qualified for the fishraider record yet, the suspense is killing me. I don't mind if i haven't, i just want to know either way! hahahaha.

Thanks Bloopin,

I've been keeping my eye out for you in your yak over the last few sessions since you posted that footage.

I always wear that Green hat, so don't be shy to wave me over for a yarn one day or if you're feeling lazy and want a tow somewhere.

The Trevallies were amazing fun, best fun i've had with my pants on for a while, we've now got some nice fillets in the freezer ready for the next time we cook a fish curry. I have a soft spot for Flathead fishing so the 60cm lizard is still my favourite catch so far.

I'm going to be spending a fair bit of time in the towra area over the next few outtings, not only does there seem to be plenty of fish around, but it's a beautiful part of the world too. The :wife: loves it aswell, took a few photos last time we were out. I'll get a few of them shrunk and posted.

Does anyone know exactly what species that catfish is?

Still haven't heard if i've qualified for the fishraider record yet, the suspense is killing me. I don't mind if i haven't, i just want to know either way! hahahaha.

I am so sure that Slinky will give you a record for a saltwater cattie that I have given you a badge :biggrin2: