Harbour Landbased

matt17

Hi guys,

Went for an early flick around darling harbour last weekend fishing all the legal fishing zones. Was trying to get a few bream on plastics early in the morning and was rewarded with a few nice brem on Pro lures and Z-man Grubz

Later on in the day things turned quiet and just as we were about to bail, a school of bonnies started harassing a bait ball right under our feet. We could literally watch them just come up from the depths and attack the bait, scattering them all over the place. A quick change of lure to the pro lure paddle grub and instantaneously we both hooked up onto small bonnies. Still awesome fun on 3lb and 4lb leader! SO I guess we ended the day on a positive with at least 7 or 8 bonito and tailor caught between the two of us.

cheers all,

matt

Those bloody grubs are a nightmare to get onto the jig head! I've nearly punched holes in my fingers when you slip after having them stretched out desperately trying to slide it over the lead head :D

Excellent fish! That bream is huuge!

Where were you fishing? Looks like near where king street wharf and the aquarium meet?

Get many people bothering you there?