Brooklyn Boat Ramp

riders

I was the unlucky person today on returning to brooklyn ramp to get the car and retieve the boat.

4 windows smashed, $3.60 in coins, a couple of cd's and the hsv log book.

Once in contact with hornsby police it appears there has been a spat of car break in's at brooklyn recently and they are trying to track them down.

No doubt kids by what they took, and knowing not to open a door or the alarm would of gone off.

In all about $3000 in damages and one pissed off fisherman. Hopefully they see my address in the log book and come and pay me a visit at home to see what they can get. "It would be a big suprise for them"

In all though if you are on a day trip I would suggest you would be ok, but if your on an overnighter beware.

Sorry to hear of your bad experience, i use that ramp a bit.

Maybe south coast rock fishing techniques are needed,

-have your car contents visible

-leave your glovebox/console open and empty

in other words show that there is nothing worth having available.

Q. Was it at parsley bay or the road bridge?

Steve

Edited by stevefish

That is crap... and it has been going on for years. I lived in Brooklyn from 2003-2004 and I can tell you that there has been a long term problem with some homeless alcho's who live in caves near the boat ramp. They come down to the ramp and break into to cars to get money for grog.

I remember during the bush fires up there in 2004 paramedics had to repel into the bush to save a couple of the wankers who refused to leave their caves and were overcome by smoke.

Best advise, if you are leaving your car there at night park it near the lighten up areas and make sure you leave nothing visible.

Burnsy

This has been an ongoing problem at this ramp, maybe we could get a petition going to the council to get some cameras installed. I wouldn't mind paying a small fee to have the piece of mind that all will be safe upon return.

On another note please keep an eye on your boat while cleaning your fish etc as on a number of occassions while I've been cleaning fish and parked the boat up near the toilet block had scum trying to swipe a rod off the boat. I just can't believe how game they are, the last time I got the satisfaction of getting a boot into one of them. If your not alone get someone to sit in the boat.

Hi All,

Riders, this is a real bummer. Sorry to hear....

However, when I've done an overnighter up that way I leave my car and trailor with a chap that runs overnight parking on his premises. The rate is $15 overnight.

On a high tide you can use his ramp, out through a creek into the main river. I have a 5.5m Half Cabin and just squeeze in.

If you are intrested perhaps I can put you in contact.

Kind Regards,

Choteo

Gents,

My sincere apologies. I should have spoken to my contact before I opened by big mouth and posted the note above.

I’ve spoken to my contact and at this point-in-time he does not want anymore cliental. I’m truly sorry… :(

I’m sure there has to be others. Try chating with the local. A good place to start is the pub….

I was just trying to do the right thing by everyone...

Kind Regards,

Choteo

Ist all good intentions no need to apoligise, its just a shame we have to resort to going to extremes just to protect what belongs to us. No one has the right to do what these people do only thing that makes me calm is realising that what these low lifes do now they will get theres later on somewhere somehow. :thumbdown:

thats really low that they smashed FOUR windows

Geez, even the Police aren't immune from this madness!

From today's Sydney Morning herald:

Wave of crime on harbour

ON A September night last year, after darkness had fallen on Sydney Harbour, a group of thieves waded quietly into the $12 million lair of the NSW Water Police.

While officers manned the heavily-secured Balmain command centre, the robbers calmly climbed aboard a police boat berthed below and helped themselves to high-tech equipment holding potentially sensitive police intelligence.

Superintendent Terry Dalton, who runs the NSW Marine Command Centre, has confirmed "thieves did rob a police boat berthed at Balmain" and that "investigations are ongoing". But he declined to comment further "for the sake of the security of my officers".

Boat industry sources say police immediately began making inquiries about top-of-the-line laptops worth many thousands of dollars.

The computers were reportedly carrying sophisticated radar equipment and may also have stored highly confidential information about harbour security and criminal activity - but police have refused to discuss their contents.

The break-in is part of a wider problem on the harbour. Boat-owners complain they are unable to guard their vessels against thieves hunting expensive Global Positioning System equipment and other technology.

The marine crime prevention officer for Sydney Water Police, Fran Batten, said there had been almost 70 reports of thefts or attempted thefts in the Sydney area since August last year. She said not enough boat-owners were investing in locks and alarm systems.

At Lake Macquarie, police have received reports of almost 50 boat break-ins on water and land in just the last few weeks.

On an average day Sydney Water Police patrol 480 kilometres of foreshore with just one or two boats, each usually carrying two or three officers.

Superintendent Dalton said there was "always the potential to call in boats from other parts of the state". "There's been no crime wave. It goes up and down but overall it's consistent."

The biggest problem, he said, was the fact people left their boats unguarded and unsecured on the water for long periods.

Theodore Venardis, a 25-year-old boat-owner, moved his boat to his driveway after he lost $2000 worth of stereo and fishing equipment last year: "I didn't report it - there was no point. Most of my friends have had the same experience."

A member of Middle Harbour Marine Watch recently had his boat stripped of about $10,000 worth of sophisticated gear.

IN THE DRINK

Thefts (and attempted thefts) from vessels between August 2005 and February 2006.

- Sydney Harbour 15 (3)

- Middle Harbour 23 (1)

- Manly Cove 7

- West of Harbour Bridge 16 (3)

Total: 68

Edited by MallacootaPete

sorry to hear about that.scum thats all they are.

maybe we should have a 'catch THESE SCUMS SOCIAL NITE'

WE could launch a few boats then have a good 6-8 burly blokes waiting

in the dark.when these scum turn up we jump out and give them a good old flogging

and threaten them to take uder the bridge and throw them over board with some

heavey weight lifting weights tied to them.

i know its abit extreme but once your a victim you dont really care what would happe to them

I was the unlucky person today on returning to brooklyn ramp to get the car and retieve the boat.

4 windows smashed, $3.60 in coins, a couple of cd's and the hsv log book.

Once in contact with hornsby police it appears there has been a spat of car break in's at brooklyn recently and they are trying to track them down.

No doubt kids by what they took, and knowing not to open a door or the alarm would of gone off.

In all about $3000 in damages and one pissed off fisherman. Hopefully they see my address in the log book and come and pay me a visit at home to see what they can get. "It would be a big suprise for them"

In all though if you are on a day trip I would suggest you would be ok, but if your on an overnighter beware.

is this the boat ramp under the bridge or the one further in town ? sorry to here about the break in.

I to have had my windows broken for some small change. fisherman due to the nature of our sport are easy targets.

not sure what can be done to improve the safety of our items

Guest maraudingmado

Can't print what I would call these human offal :1badmood::1badmood:

When we stay overnight we park our cars at the first boat shed entering into Brooklyn Rd on the left. It has pictures of dolphins on the board out front. Cost was about $12 from memory. Lot of fisho's use it for parking.

sorry to hear about that.scum thats all they are.

maybe we should have a 'catch THESE SCUMS SOCIAL NITE'

WE could launch a few boats then have a good 6-8 burly blokes waiting

in the dark.when these scum turn up we jump out and give them a good old flogging

and threaten them to take uder the bridge and throw them over board with some

i know its abit extreme but once your a victim you dont really care what would happe to them

I agree, but I would remove the words "threaten them to" so it read's

.....give them a good old flogging and take uder the bridge and throw them over board with some

Sure, we will loose a few people along the way, but I bet after doing this for 6 months, the ramp will be so safe that you will come back to find not only your gear intact.. but someone has cleaned and polished your car as well!!!

I recently caught a bloke steeling a handbag from one of the girls in the office,

when I caught up to him he pulled a syringe out and started using it like a knife.. long story short..

he "Fell over" a few times before the police came around to collect him.. He was charged with 8 seperate crimes.. (from steeling, to resisting arrent to using using a weapon)..

I then became the bad guy and spent a day in court. I had to barginthat i would drop all but three of the charges in return that he didn't charge me with...well like i said to the cute officer.. "he fell a few times"

(I didnt go overboard, just caused a few bruses... nothing broken)

In conclusion

The river and a few bricks are a good idea.. Not only does it leave the courts open for more important things, but it also provides a better fishery for us by feeding a few fish.

Thanks for listening to my rant and rave!!!

Guest Sea Jay

Really sorry to hear about that mate, we spend enough money on boating and fishing gear as it is without haveing to fork out $3000 for some !@#$ who has nothing better to do, i like the idea of heavy weight around there ankles and deep water i would gladly contribute a few sinkers to that!!

I will be parking my car and trailer there when i head out tomorrow so i hope nothing is done to it

Which boat ramp do you think isa safer at the Hawksbury?????

Thanks for all the support guy's

In all the locals I now know are worse off too.

The permanent moorings they have to communite to work and back on a daily basis have no lights either, so guess what happens on a regular basis, even with the gates locked.

They can get no help from hornsby council on gettting lights put up for a bit of added security.

So I guess for a day trip I will use parsely bay ramp but for an overnight trip I will be looking for other ramps or security places.

One day the little bastards will get what they deserve.

cheers