Jewfish In Lane Cove River

darcy77

I got smashed up a week back on my light sp gear at fig tree, it felt like a jewie's run - long and big pulls. Has anyone ever caught jewies around fig tree / lane cove river before? If so, what has been the technique - sp's or bait. I heard one fisho saying they have caught them around greenwich point before. I know they are at gladesville bridge...any help would be great, because if they are there I will be chasing them!!

Don't know about lane cove river, but i have seen a few jewfish taken from grenwich, landbased. from the wharf and the sailing club.

This bloke fishing with live prawns at the sailing club had just hooked on to a nice jew 6kgs maybe? and if u guys have ever been to the sailing club at Grenwich, its a LONG way up from the water...and this guy didnt have net or anything, so he pulled the fish up by its line, EVERYONE watching was holding their breath...it was so risky!

He landed it in the end. Good for him! :thumbup:

Cheers

Davy

Guest johblow

its a LONG way up from the water... EVERYONE watching was holding their breath...

Hahaha great description there Davy - i was hoplding my breath there too. I think i may have been in that situation myself once or twice :1fishing1: