Kings In Sydney

netic

Hey All, went out to the harbour for the first time in a couple of weeks, went out chasing squid first and found it hard going, manage 3 squid between 3 of us in 3 hours, had plenty of followers but the squid were scittish.

Went to the wedding cakes without any takers, then went to the yellow marker near neilsen and got 2 kings and a salmon, Kings were both undersized around 55cm and the salmon was approx 60cm.

It took us around 30 minutes of downrigging to find the kings, Its hard to believe that the kings are so scarce now, 3-4 weeks ago we were getting smashed by 70cm plus kings within minutes.

Well it was a dissapointing trip but thats fishing.

See ya's

Its hard to believe that the kings are so scarce now, 3-4 weeks ago we were getting smashed by 70cm plus kings within minutes.

Well it was a dissapointing trip but thats fishing

Disappointing? - that was a good day! Me & my son had a shocker on Sunday - hired a tinny from Rose Bay full of expectation, with kingy fever, couldn't get any livies (yakkas or squid), mangle the burley bucket with the prop :( , the only decent take resulted in a bust off almost immediately around structure :1badmood: , lost a load of rigs on structure, found ourselves in the middle of a yacht race :tease:

At least my son got a 35cm tailor and a couple of micro-snapper, whilst I got nothing.

Ah well there's always next time.

Cheers,

Neil

Have heard from a relieable source that the Kings are getting peppered by sharks.

Your source may be right,what i have heard is that the kings have really gone down in numbers, and i have no explanation for it, this time last year was pretty good.

Its hard to believe that the kings were around in really good numbers last month and this month your lucky if you can get 1.

I called it a bad days fishing because i have been chasing kings for a couple of years now and have caught plenty, i don't eat fish and love fishing purely for the fight, although 55cm kings can put up a good fight nothing compares to the rush you get when fighting a 80cm plus king, The kings i caught on the weekend came up like tailor. The fights only lasted 30 secs if that

Did you just fish with 3 squid?

If you did I reckon you did very well to score 3 fish.

I won't fish without at least a dozen yakka per person, if you have a few squid thats a bonus.

Just curious to see if you were using anyother bait.

C

Did you just fish with 3 squid?

If you did I reckon you did very well to score 3 fish.

I won't fish without at least a dozen yakka per person, if you have a few squid thats a bonus.

Just curious to see if you were using anyother bait.

C

Yeah just had the squid, I only ever use squid, don't like yakka's, hit rates are much lower with them, where i caught the 2 kings there were around 6 boats using yakkas and none of them got hit and i did with the squid. This year has resulted in a king for every squid caught 98% of the time.

Edited by netic