New Range Of Plastics - Xstreambaitz

loomylover

Hi Guys,

Just thought id give you a view of a new range of soft plastics that have hit the nation - Xstreambaitz, if you havn't already seen them in your local tackle shop.

Ive gotten a selection of the "whitebait" and "shakebait" models - both are finesse smallish stickbaits, the whitebait with a straight tail, and the shakebait with a forked tail, bass minnow style.

post-302-1140492985_thumb.jpg

hmm sweet sweet plastics

post-302-1140493113_thumb.jpg

2.8" shakebait in bloodworm - awesome deep red colours

post-302-1140493245_thumb.jpg

2.8" shakebait in green melon - another awesome natural colour

post-302-1140493799_thumb.jpg

2.8" whitebait in "gloss pearl" - the best whitebait plastic on the market without doubt!

post-302-1140493682_thumb.jpg

since its the favourite - close up of it. Great attention to detail

Looking forward to giving them a bash next weekend :1fishing1:

Im still yet to find a plastic that has eyes that dont fall off after a couple of casts (for bream size sps anyway)

But I have way too many bream plastics at the moment anyway so it will be a while before I will be shopping

for more. Unless I hear great and wonderful things about these Xtreme sps I will be sticking to what I have, but the do look the goods worth a look.

Yeah Hooky - the shakebait is identical to one of the good juro models - however i think juros have 8 in a pack - xstreams have 15 - nearly 100% more.

MM - Most shops will sell them for around $7.95 mate which i reckon is pretty good value when compared to alot of plastics on the Austrailan market at this point in time.

ATG - im pretty sure at this point in time - only the finesse estuary based scene is covered, although i heard heavier "saltwater" models are on the way - time will tell i guess.

OK cheers, the bigger puppies would be GOLD on the snapper :thumbup:

Edited by allthegear

MM - man are they soft? Thats what attracted me to them - the ultra softness, in fact theyre almost tooo soft! Seriously though, theyre twice as soft as berkley plastics. They areh however - unscented. They do have a nice "oily" feel about them though. The gold colour is called sand and is a pretty awesome prawn imitation colour.

Haraka - great point! They arent made of biodegradable material but then again 99.9% of the market isn't. I don't think we will see good ole quality plastic erased from our lures for quite some time. Ill continue to use plastic lures - when you think of what else is dumped into our estuaries in the form of urban run-off, plastic usage is really nothing. That however - is an entirely different topic.