Monster Carp Suggestions

Alex

You can rent the Matt Hayes DVDs from Bigpond Movies if you are interested. He looks a bit like an 80's British ex-Heavy Metal band member, most of the DVD's are about British fish (pike, carp, chub, barbel etc) but some of them show sport/game fishing from around the world. Rex Hunt gets a mention on one DVD, but be warned the jokes are pretty lame and some of the production a bit dodgy.

Cheers

Chris

You can rent the Matt Hayes DVDs from Bigpond Movies if you are interested. He looks a bit like an 80's British ex-Heavy Metal band member, most of the DVD's are about British fish (pike, carp, chub, barbel etc) but some of them show sport/game fishing from around the world. Rex Hunt gets a mention on one DVD, but be warned the jokes are pretty lame and some of the production a bit dodgy.

Cheers

Chris

I've seen a couple of those.

Flattieman.

I wish I hadn't seen a couple of those............ there may be a little bit of product placement in there somewhere. If you want to learn about fishing full stop using old cane rods and basic tactics then "A Passion For Angling" is the only choice. http://www.passionforangling.info/

These 2 old boys are the masters of Carp fishing, showing you don't have to spend a shit load of cash on fancy gear and fancy rigs....... and no product placement in over 300 minutes of fishing, gotta be a record for sure. :1yikes:

Over the last 2 months I have probably caught and KILLED over 100 carp in the local rivers and dams. I have been out targeting cod and yellas and getting a lot of carp as by-catch.

They have all been taken on ECOGEAR sx40's and ECOGEAR vt55 lipless cranks. The carp just love these things and hit them with some real power.

Happy Fishing

Mitch

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has ever had a go at big carp before.

Sometimes for work i have to travel to canberra, and the other day went down to look at Lake Berley Griffen.

There are some massive carp in there, like baby subs. I figure I've got to get my fishing fix somehow. Even on these noxious species.

Have caught them from manly dam before with dough/ corn kernals and standard rig ( sinker or float ). It's worked well at the dam, however these guys won't have a bar of it. Anyone had any luck with these things before?

cheers

Alex :thumbdown:

Hi All,

Not familiar with the area so I was wondering if you can provide some info as where to go to catch these monsters?

I know there was mention of the national gallery/library but I have no idea where that is and I googled it and it doesnt really give me a map of the area. I was wonder where you would park your car to tackle these fish?

I would be coming down from Sydney.

Have you got the exact road that I can punch into my GPS?

Edit: I just found a map of Canberra online, can you please tell me which grid number are more likely to have success in catching carp?

http://www.arta.com.au/actmaps/canberra.html

Edited by SiNH

• 1 month later...

Thanks mate. Love the advice. Gives me an excuse to tell the wife why i need to buy a new rod/reel combo as well. Running out of excuses to buy new bits of gear. Got another Canberra trip comming up will try it. Your definatley right there. Some of the real big ones are so shy. Never thought i could get so nervous over a big carp skeaking up to my bait without being spooked. One of my friends suggested watching a few brittish DVDs from a guy named Matt Hayes for carp. think it's worth hunting down a couple of these?

Hi

I have some movies about carp fishing:

Part 1 CD 1 Korda - State of the Art Underwater Carp Fishing.avi

Part 1 CD 2 Korda - State of the Art Underwater Carp Fishing.avi

Part 2 CD 1 Korda - State of the Art Underwater Carp Fishing.avi

Part 2 CD 2 Korda - State of the Art Underwater Carp Fishing.avi

Part 3 CD 1 Korda - State of the Art Underwater Carp Fishing.avi

Part 3 CD 2 Korda - State of the Art Underwater Carp Fishing.avi

I am tring to get part 4 and 5, but it's gonna take some time.

I am willing to share if you are interested.

cheers,

tom