Dont Bother Ever Again With Pittwater.

brettoes

just a quick one to let everyone know that the the pro's are really making a mess again in pittwater.on the way home last night saw one of them heading towards the bayview ramp which is bad enough as his probably one of the harbour blokes whos looking at pittwater as his new pillage grounds along with all the others,and since i had no work on today thought id head out to see what i could muster up.when arriving at the ramp who did i see packing up.the damn pro with crates full of fish,and a boat full of nets.

get out there and everyspot i usually go,all i found was shit loads of ribbon weed floating on the surface,a few dead floating flounder and no fish.what a suprise.

how long can this keep going on before theres nothing left in there. :1badmood:

does anyone know where i can get my hands on the same chemicals that shut the habour down, as its seems the only way it will stop the carnage in pittwater and the hawkesbury.

Apparently they've been hammering the mouth of Cowan ck as well: plenty of floating, undersized fish and weed etc., and I think many of us have noticed the increased pro activity outside the harbour mouth lately. A reaction to the harbour ban, perhaps?

There’s a rally being held there on the 12th march I believe in pittwater to have itinerant pros pissed off out of pittwater because of the damage to fish stocks & the spreading of a noxious weed. I’ll try to find out more. :thumbup:

There’s a rally being held there on the 12th march I believe in pittwater to have itinerant pros pissed off out of pittwater because of the damage to fish stocks & the spreading of a noxious weed. I’ll try to find out more. :thumbup:

Posted by Pete LeBlang last night on another forum (he has been informed of the recent plundering) I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

neil

Hi Everyone

The protest on Pittwater is no longer needed thanks to all those that have written letters.

The fisheries are in the next 2 weeks re-mapping Pittwater and all of its caulerpa weed beds. The are using divers, cameras, gps and mapping systems to locate and record the areas.

I have been told that salt will be the choice of attack in many areas but the native weeds will also suffer. Depending on the weed that the caulerpa is mixed with will dictate the attack though.

Please if you fish in Pittwater and have pulled any of this weed out of the area please report it to fisheries.

The commercial pros will be further restricted in their practices if required. This is why its important to report any outbreaks you have found. They will dive the reported areas and ultimately stop commercial fishing in the areas.

The travelling pros will not be coming to Pittwater or the Hawkesbury River. This applies to those from any part of NSW. If any commercial activity is seen in Pittwater report it to the fisheries hotline with their LFB number and location.

Some haulers are allowed but let fisheries sort it out.

Thanks once again to everyone and I am wondering whether I should cook the snags anyway and have a celebration instead of a protest.

There are still plenty of fish in the pittwater and plenty of kings, was getting smoked by some rather large kings last weekend and the middle of this week, but have also seen the increase in activity of pro's throughout broken bay and the pittwater :ranting2::ranting2::1badmood:

Fished pittwater last night, 3 jews, 15 tailor, 7 bream, 1 long tom, plenty of undersized squire, bait fish everywhere around boat and thousands of tailor about 1 metre below surface.

Plenty of fish in pittwater.