Wide Of Broken Bay 22nd Feb

bennos

Hi All,

To start the day I picked up a king on a bait jig at west head which was amusing :1prop: - have seen a few there over the last week.

Did a tour of the reefs wide of Broken Bay and a trip the the FAD. Got some dollies around fish traps on the troll but the FAD was swarming, picking up at least 2 fish each per drift with multiple double hookups common. Could have caught them all day. Kept three for the table, the rest going back.

Question- we were using live yakkas to try and attract the larger fish but the little fellas were climbing all over them just after they hit the water. What other options are there? Large slimeys at a guess but I think they would have had a go at anything.

Also covered a lot of water trolling, some bait schools about 7 miles out but no lookers, and no stripies which was a bit dissapointing but probably shouldnt complain. Water not as warm as 2 weeks ago.

Cheers

Ben

Guest danielinbyron

Question- we were using live yakkas to try and attract the larger fish but the little fellas were climbing all over them just after they hit the water. What other options are there? Large slimeys at a guess but I think they would have had a go at anything.

Ben

did you try throwing blades or poppers around the traps sometimes you might get lucky and the bulls shoulder charge there way through.... particularly if you berley up a bit of a frenzy...