Port Hacking & South

Geoff

I think big steve (Botany Bay Sat 25/2) & I had a similar day but in different stretchers of water.

Left Grays Point ramp at 7.00am , first stop Jibbon headland for some yakka. Plenty around but did not want to play.

Trolled around Jibbon bommie for two friggets then south along the cliffs to Marly, no action.

Tried bottom bashing in a few spots , just a few of the normal rock fish , no keepers.

Mid morning & the N/E was starting to come in. Headed back but in a N/E direction as we wanted to try the 30mt line.

Line hit the bottom & into a very agressive 50cm Flattie. Thought this is the spot then the jackets moved in .

Lost some gear & only boated one.

Wind was picking up so decided to head in & try South West Arm. Typical P.H. , a few small reds with a lot of water inbetween.

Overall , another good day on the water but not a lot to show.

Took a few photo's of the G.P. ramp & will add a post in the ramp section

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

nice work geoff,

least u gotta couple,

i really wanted a king on the troll but im just going to have to be persistant i think..

now i know trolling works i will have to put in some more effort and c wat it brngs..

im keen to try thre hacking ive herd a few good thngs coming frm there..

u ever caught kingys in there???

cheers steve

nice work geoff,

least u gotta couple,

i really wanted a king on the troll but im just going to have to be persistant i think..

now i know trolling works i will have to put in some more effort and c wat it brngs..

im keen to try thre hacking ive herd a few good thngs coming frm there..

u ever caught kingys in there???

cheers steve

Steve Normally fish B.B & around the southern head land. Had seen a few reports of kings in the Jibbon area so decided to give it a go.

Like youself , ended with a consolation prize but still a lot of fun & better than nothing.

The pink lure you used seams to work well , I have seen other reports on kings being caught on a similar luer.

We were running two , a medium size hard body & a blue one , something like yours but with a Xmas tree tinsle inside.

The first fish was taken on the hard body , the second on the blue. They appear not to be choosey

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Sounds like a good day out. I was expecting a phone call on Saturday from you giving me heaps for not being out and telling me all about the fish you were catching. :tease:

You know how much I like to hear from you when you're catching fish and I'm not!! :074:

I see you're taking fish on hardbodies now.....!! Good stuff. I have the "odd" hardbody laying around somewhere here at home I'm sure.... :074: Might have to give some a run next time we're out??

Anyway, good to see you had a nice day out. Catch up with you soon.

David.

Edited by mottyman