The Official Report - Entrance Social

mrsswordfisherman

The weekend went off beautifully with no problems being encountered. Over 20 members attended and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Roll call was as follows:

mrsswordfisherman, swordfisherman,rus_cb, ozeash, sharky, crazedfisherdude, slayer666, Outnumbered, mrsoutnumbered, madsmc, jewhunter, quinfish and wife Janet, Mondo and Chucky, kenmare, ianoc69, OutdoorDan, b-fore-tony, 2 guests Bernie and son.

All members registered on a Registration Sheet and fish caught were logged on a Capture Sheet.

Those species caught included whiting, bream, tarwhine, flathead, tailor and catfish :074::074:

The breakfast provided by Brian and Teri was outstanding and kicked the Sunday off perfectly. A big thank you to you both.

The fisheries people arrived at 8am and set up their van all day. The fisheries officers gave an informative talk at 12 midday on marine parks and sanctuaries, size and bag limits, general fishing rules and answered the many questions posed by our members. They spoke about their powers and duties as an officer. They have the power to use force if needed and arrest persons who are unco - operative. They can also seize and impound vehicles, boats and tackle etc. The information was very interesting.

The trophy was awarded to rus_cb. Two flatties were close in size but rus_cb's was measured by Stewy and the fisheries person at 44cms and Outdoordan was measured at 42 cms. Everyone was happy with the result, especially rus_cb who was over the moon.

A special award was presented to MrsOutnumbered for her great breakky. She now sports a limited edition fishraider hat.

The day ended with all the members filling in an Evaluation Form. A big thanks to you all for your comments and suggestions. We now have some fantastic ideas for future socials.

It was a very successful exercise and I would like to add a huge thanks to Stewy. His organisation of the weekend activities and professional manner with the fisheries people was a credit to himself and fishraider members. Great stuff Stewy!

SHARKY, KENMARE AND RUS_CB

post-869-1141620442_thumb.jpg

STEWY HANDING OUT INFO

post-869-1141620422_thumb.jpg

FISHERIES AND THE SWORDIES

post-869-1141620397_thumb.jpg

THE WINNING FISH 44 CMS

post-869-1141620462_thumb.jpg

RUS_CB WITH HIS TROPHY

post-869-1141621299_thumb.jpg

OUTDOORDAN'S 42 CM FLATTIE

post-869-1141619972_thumb.jpg

MONDO'S AND CHUCKY'S BEACH CATCH

post-869-1141621759_thumb.jpg

OUTNUMBERED AND MRSOUTNUMBERED

post-869-1141620382_thumb.jpg

LOOKING AT THE FISHERIES INFO

post-869-1141620337_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrsswordfisherman

Thanks all for a great day.

Well organised and extremelly well run.

Cant thank mrsswordfisherman for a woderful breakfast (albeit we were a bit late - sorry)

Thanks swordfisherman for the tips and wealth of knowledge. I agree with that hard body tip and am on your side as to the quality. I beleive you may have got half of it back with front trebles - I wiould have like to seen the tailor (or whatever) that decided to chop it clean in half - now that is a serious set of teeth.

Can t wait to catch up again and wet another line.

Always keen to learn and meet new people.

nice meeting you all and thanks mrssordfisher for the brekkie it was excellent.

ill get in touch when i come to sydney one day for a drink and fish

My pleasure Tony. It was a shame you missed the early brekky but we managed to feed you 3 latecomers with no probs. Do make contact when visiting Sydney next mate.

Cheers the swordies

B-FORE-TONY, OUTDOORDAN AND IANOC69

EATING A LATE BREAKFAST

post-869-1141646191_thumb.jpg

My pleasure Tony. It was a shame you missed the early brekky but we managed to feed you 3 latecomers with no probs. Do make contact when visiting Sydney next mate.

Cheers the swordies

B-FORE-TONY, OUTDOORDAN AND IANOC69

EATING A LATE BREAKFAST

post-869-1141646191_thumb.jpg

Thankyou very much for "feeding us late comers" it was above and beyond the call of duty, and we really appreciate it. I reckon your a top notch cook too. :thumbup:

Tony, we'll have to catch up for a fish up in your neck of the woods soon, snapper rocks or wybung. Keep in touch though.

Cheers

Dan

I just wanted to add on a personal note ,that all the Fishraiders who participated on the weekend were on their very best behaviour and its a credit to all of you how you conducted yourselves .Some of you were a little stand-offish but that was quickly replaced by a hand shake a smile and thats what its all about.

I want to thank Teri and Brian for their unreal hospitality on the weekend and they made our stay up at the Entrance a very enjoyable one :thumbup: . A lot of the members went to a lot of trouble to make it and I thank them for that ,because without you guys and gals the Social would have been a non event .The feedback was very positive and we will be organising another in the very near future :yahoo:

Cheers Swordfisherman

nice report, glad you had a good time, but where were the famous entrance jews?

We did give it a go but the weed,wind and heavy sweep along the beach made it near impossible to hold a bait out for more than a few seconds :ranting2: We all got busted off by weed at some stage

Cheers Swordfisherman

and the beer prevented half of us from holding a rod :wacko:

The beer also prevented some from eating or keeping down their breakfast

post-869-1141815190_thumb.jpg

SOME JUST LAY BACK IN A BEANBAG

post-869-1141815229_thumb.jpg

AND TOOK THE BEAN BAG EVERYWHERE

post-869-1141815349_thumb.jpg

EVEN TO THE BEACH (note chris digging

the sand out so Russ fell off it)

post-869-1141815479_thumb.jpg

HAVE BEANBAG WILL TRAVEL

post-869-1141815820_thumb.jpg

SWORDFISHERMAN ALWAYS ON THE PHONE

post-869-1141815947_thumb.jpg

AND WHAT DID SHARKY TURN UP ON

SUNDAY MORNING CARRYING?

post-869-1141816138_thumb.jpg

AND THE WINNER IS.......

post-869-1141816276_thumb.jpg

A PIC OF CHRIS ACTUALLY HOLDING A ROD

post-869-1141816501_thumb.jpg

AND WHAT IS BRIAN DOING HERE?

post-869-1141816792_thumb.jpg

SERIOUS FISHERMEN...... PERHAPS

post-869-1141816890_thumb.jpg

Standby for more fascinating shots of the social AND the story of the ubiquitous beanbag

Cheers mrsswordfisherman