Pig Island Kings With Pix

Lewis

G,day raiders.

Managed to get out early Saturday 4/03/06, headed out of Port harbour at 5.30am my initial intentions were to try and get out to wave rider again, but the conditions were a bit to bumpy with a bit too much swell for me to go out that far, :05: so I decided to stay in around the islands and see if I could troll up some action. Motored out to pig island " bass island " set my four inch white skirt and my four inch red skirt and didnt have to wait too long to come up hard on a 58cm bonnie, trolled around the western side of the island and came up solid again this time a nice king 62cm . :yahoo::yahoo:

Things went quiet pretty quickly when other boats started to move in close to where I picked up the king, didnt get another hit for nearly two hours when a change of tacticks to try and pick up a few of the local trevs proved to be the best experience Ive encountered on light gear. I started to float small strips of slimie out the back of the boat picked up a nice trev to 30cm, got a few more bites that felt small thinking they might be yakkas or slimies I put on a smaller hook to see if I could land a livie and throw him out, I was blown away when My 8lb gear got absolutely smashed line was ripping of the reel at agreat rate of knots. After about close to ten minutes I was stoked to see a beautifull king come up along side the boat came in at 72cm, holy shit!!!!!!! :1yikes: what a fight two more kings at 62 and 65cm were to come befor it was time to leave for home, but I was more than happy with the days efforts three legal kings and a very nice bonito, this is what its all about. :thumbup::thumbup:

P.S. Thats my pride and joy in the back ground, my 4.55 poly named Stress.Less.

post-1163-1141721040_thumb.jpg

post-1163-1141721115_thumb.jpg

post-1163-1141721172_thumb.jpg

ahhhh LEWIS,

u know how to make a poor young lad jealous dont ya mate,

if been trying to crack my 1st kingy all summer but NOOOOO just cant seem to nail 1..

think im cursed i swear crazedfisherdude "chris" has somethng planted for me frm up above to not get my 1st kingy ths season..... arrrrrrrrgh u raiders will sure hear about it wen i FINALLY get 1 :1prop:

great catch mate well done,

cheers steve

ahhhh LEWIS,

u know how to make a poor young lad jealous dont ya mate,

if been trying to crack my 1st kingy all summer but NOOOOO just cant seem to nail 1..

You and me both brother :tease:

by the way great catch there lewis :1prop:

Edited by gio

Thanks guy's,

Don't want to rub it in but the last few times I have been out I have managed a king, not all as big as my last catch and not as many but kings none the less. The five islands are great for trolling as the areas name suggests there are five islands the furthest is out around 3km with a lot of reef area around 25 to 30 feet deep with almost shear drop offs to 80 + feet. some very good wash areas as well, and if your keen enough you can always motor out to the waverider bouy and get some dolly action as I have been doing lately, but gotta pick your days.

Catch you soon, Lew.

Edited by Lewis

Hey guy's, Port kembla Harbour is just 10 minutes south of Wollongong, it's the harbour that services the Port Kembla steel works. I think we should all get together and get out for a bash, it would be good to get a couple of boats out. Would also give us a chance to get to know each other rather than just our raider user names.

P.S. the five Islands are Bass, Flinders, Rocky, Big and Martin.

Edited by Lewis