Hawkesbury Results

Chappo

G'day all,

Fished our annual work comp on Monday and Tuseday on the lower Hawkesbury. Concentrated on drifting on the run out and anchoring up on various Eddies on the run using Berley. The Berley definately made a difference. Caught well over sixty fish between my mate and myself, taking out first and second. Mainly flathead, bream, tailor, small snapper and Trevally. The biggest flattie was 82cm at 8.5 lb. (See photo). The very next bait landed its smaller brother (65cm). Some other flatties over 55cm. Can anyone tell me what might have nailed the small snapper I pulled in??????? (see photo) It had a very long and skinny bite mark. We thought it might have been a barracuda!!!!!! Also had a big laugh at one of the pro fisherman who motored past us working his trawler completely naked! Are we the first or have their been previous sightings????

Chappo

G'day all,

Fished our annual work comp on Monday and Tuseday on the lower Hawkesbury. Concentrated on drifting on the run out and anchoring up on various Eddies on the run using Berley. The Berley definately made a difference. Caught well over sixty fish between my mate and myself, taking out first and second. Mainly flathead, bream, tailor, small snapper and Trevally. The biggest flattie was 82cm at 8.5 lb. (See photo). The very next bait landed its smaller brother (65cm). Some other flatties over 55cm. Can anyone tell me what might have nailed the small snapper I pulled in??????? (see photo) It had a very long and skinny bite mark. We thought it might have been a barracuda!!!!!! Also had a big laugh at one of the pro fisherman who motored past us working his trawler completely naked! Are we the first or have their been previous sightings????

Chappo

Hi Ya Chappo :1welcomeani: to the site ,I removed one of your posts as it was duplicated :biggrin2:

Do you need help in posting your pics ?????

Cheers Swordfisherman

i agree mate id say flatty too. One day in the bay my mate got a bite which started off msall but midway through the fight gained a lot of weight within a few mins he had a big girl of 80cm at the side of the boat before we could net she splashed around and took off and all we were left with was a small snapper on the end of the hook that needed a change of underpants. :tease:

Hi Ya Chappo :1welcomeani: to the site ,I removed one of your posts as it was duplicated :biggrin2:

Do you need help in posting your pics ?????

Cheers Swordfisherman

Yes. Yes. Yes. Been trying to do it myself for the last two days. Read the help section. Each time I try to load a photo it keeps coming back saying the file size is too big. I've only been putting on one photo at a time. Can you offer any advice? How do I reduce the file size?

Thanks heaps in advance

Chappo

P.S. Can you post more than one photo at a time???

P.P.S. Also, I'm still having trouble 'posting" (Thats the reason for the double submission). Can you advise the correct button to hit to send a post. Thanks.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Been trying to do it myself for the last two days. Read the help section. Each time I try to load a photo it keeps coming back saying the file size is too big. I've only been putting on one photo at a time. Can you offer any advice? How do I reduce the file size?

Thanks heaps in advance

Chappo

P.S. Can you post more than one photo at a time???

P.P.S. Also, I'm still having trouble 'posting" (Thats the reason for the double submission). Can you advise the correct button to hit to send a post. Thanks.

Hi Chappo ,do you have microsoft office manager on xp ? if so put you pictures in there and resize them for web pages .You have to get the picture size down into kbs not megabytes and then it will send here .Any of you IT guys jump straight in here if you like and help Chappo out please :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman

ps . you can send at least 4 or 5 like that no probs ,once you get the hang of it ,its real easy even I can do it :yahoo:

dont know about microsoft office manager, but i just use Adobe photoshop.

1.open the image in photoshop

2.goto IMAGE then select IMAGE SIZE

3.in the box check the box "Constrain Proportions", if it hasnt been checked yet.

4. Use '600' or '650' in the "Width" box for 'Pixel Dimensions'

5. Hit 'Save AS' and save it under a different name if u want (this will make a new copy with the new pic size) and when u 'save as' it will come up with a 'jpeg options' box.

I suggest that u set the quality to around 4, for a smaller file size. then hit 'OK'

Hope this helps, if u dont have photoshop, i hoped it helped someone else then. :biggrin2:

Cheers

Davy

While there are many programs for image resizing Microsoft Powertoys has to be onre of the best :thumbup:

It is what I use and I love it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

go to that link and on the right hand side of the page are the power toys that you can download

go to image resizer and download it......once installed all one has to do is right-click on your image with your mouse and select small image......a piece of cake

Did I mention that i love it :biggrin2:

Thanks gentlemen ,there ya go Chappo :biggrin2: hope this helps you out and yell out if you need more assistance .

Cheers Swordfisherman

dont know about microsoft office manager, but i just use Adobe photoshop.

1.open the image in photoshop

2.goto IMAGE then select IMAGE SIZE

3.in the box check the box "Constrain Proportions", if it hasnt been checked yet.

4. Use '600' or '650' in the "Width" box for 'Pixel Dimensions'

5. Hit 'Save AS' and save it under a different name if u want (this will make a new copy with the new pic size) and when u 'save as' it will come up with a 'jpeg options' box.

I suggest that u set the quality to around 4, for a smaller file size. then hit 'OK'

Hope this helps, if u dont have photoshop, i hoped it helped someone else then. :biggrin2:

Cheers

Davy

Thanks everyone for the advice. I should be right now.

Chappo