Getting Live Bait To The Beach

Mondo Rock

Hi Raiders

I've read a few reports recently of success chasing a particular fish off the beaches (you all know to what fish I am referring) using live slimies, yakkas and squid.

I just thought I'd ask whether any Raiders have found an effective method of transporting livies from wherever they're caught to the beach (landbased of course). I've tried taking yakkas and mullet with a bucket and airator, but the damn thing is so heavy that I'm pretty much stuffed before I've even chucked a line in.

I honestly can't think of a better way - but maybe someone out there has figured out an improvement?

Mondo

We used to use an old babies pram :1prop: to carry our livies out to the BEECROFT or a golf buggy ,or you could hire some young blokes at the beach for 20 buxs and get them to carry the livies for ya :thumbup:

On the subject of that you could make a suitable frame with pump up bicycle tyres and use that as well.

Cheers Swordfisherman

So pretty much, make/use a trolley.

One that you can unfold at the car or something.

Yes Davy ,pretty easy to knock up something simple from a set of cheap axles and tyres .If you were any good at making BILLY CARTS when you were younger then you will have no problems :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

Edited by Guest

Yep...

Some nice sturdy tyres to get over the sand easier. :)

Just pump up ones will do ,even the ones off an old golf buggy ,the weight wouldnt be more than 50 kgs in a fifty litre bucket.They will handle that no worries :biggrin2:

:thumbup: I can feel a project coming on. . . .

Post some pics when you get it done and maybe we can patent it (The Fishraider Livebait Mobile) :074:

Cheers Swordfisherman

How about converting an esky (old/cheap), - add some wheels (large diametre with axle points above waterline) a handle & 2 sliding legs for balance when not in motion.

I would use one with a hinged lid add some rubber for a seal and a couple of those elastic tie downs.

also important to use a good airrator

got me thinking - now, going to go to the shed for a while! :thumbup:

How about converting an esky (old/cheap), - add some wheels (large diametre with axle points above waterline) a handle & 2 sliding legs for balance when not in motion.

I would use one with a hinged lid add some rubber for a seal and a couple of those elastic tie downs.

also important to use a good airrator

got me thinking - now, going to go to the shed for a while! :thumbup:

Thats the spirit ,we used a fish box with wheels when prawning with a battery box and all and after you wheeled it into the water it would float behind you in the current and when full of prawns you wouldnt have to carry it all the way back to the car :thumbup:

Cheers Swordfisherman

ps We may run a competition for the best one turned out by the members :yahoo:

i reckon if i have to go to all the trouble of catching a bunch of legal bream, whiting and tailor i'll be going home to have a bbq, i wont be throwing them out as bait. :tease:

If you want a big jewie bad enough then its the thing to do. I must admit I probably would go home too, bit like the giant black marlin boats in cairns using big mackeral for troll baits when most would consider them to be prize catches.