Rseale Value.......white Hull Vs Blue Hull

mr_grumble2003

Just got back from the Boat show in Sydney, $18,000 worse off !

Nah, only kiddin.... am over the moon.

Am still to finalise the minor task of choosing the colour of the aluminium hull.

I'm leaning towards a Blue hull, Grey stripe down the side and grey canopy.

The missus is leaning towards the white hull, grey strip down the side and grey canopy.

She's using the excuse of a white hull having a better resale figure than the blue.

If I can shoot this theory down, I'll get my way and have the blue hull.

as far as what looks better, its personal opinion of course but i reckon dark (i.e black, blue) look great. The major problem is scratches and the like will show alot more on the darker hull. White is probably easier to sell but blue would be desirable id imagine, its not like your going for pink or something outrageous.

I think if you look after it the colour will be fine. I had a blue hull from new for over a year and only got one scratch. Touched it up and youd never know. They do look heaps better.

As for resale, well i reckon a scratched boat is a scratched boat and it doesnt matter if its white or blue. A potential buyer is not going to base their decision from standing 20 meters away, they will be up close looking so they will see any scratches regardless of what the colour is.

Youll find you wont get scratches on the painted section anyway unless you have a shocker at a wharf. I suggest getting two big buffers and it will be ok. Nothing really touches the side so it shouldnt get scratched.

Id go the colour but thats just my opinion.

Dont leave us hanging, what did you get !

Edited by Grantm

Just got back from the Boat show in Sydney, $18,000 worse off !

Nah, only kiddin.... am over the moon.

Am still to finalise the minor task of choosing the colour of the aluminium hull.

I'm leaning towards a Blue hull, Grey stripe down the side and grey canopy.

The missus is leaning towards the white hull, grey strip down the side and grey canopy.

She's using the excuse of a white hull having a better resale figure than the blue.

If I can shoot this theory down, I'll get my way and have the blue hull.

I just spent similar dollars on a poly & had a similar dilema.

I decided on the blue!!!

Why: There are too many white boats out there!!!!!!!!

I don't believe blue will hinder your resale at all.

You will notice that the majority of boat accessories come in blue &/or white & most white boats i've seen about have blue canopies, covers, biminis, etc.

Go the blue!!!!

Numbers

What did you get?????

C'mon, we're all waiting...

Pictures yet?????