11.5kg Cobia Taken Sat In Hawkesbury

moonlitecreeper

hi all raiders just thought id show you all a beaut cobia weighing 11.5kg nailed on sat in hawkesbury it fought like a demon til the end my mate was fishing for jew but will gladly take this home as a replacement cheers to you all ...the big jew have gone quiet the last few weeks oh well always during the week to temp them out...cya all out their go the hawkesbury ...........il bet hes was keeping company with some big kings not so long ago...

Mate is that a cobia or a samson fish to me it looks like a samson fish but I'm no expert

Cheers, great catch regardless :thumbup:

I think samson fish are more slender with a yellow stripe, kinda like a kingy...i think.

Great fish moonlite!

I think samson fish are more slender with a yellow stripe, kinda like a kingy...i think.

Great fish moonlite!

Davy, the fish you speak of is an amberjack. People always confuse ambers and sampsons when juveniles.

Moonlite, nice fish! :thumbup:

What a bonus. Certainly wouldnt be whinging about that bycatch :1prop:

changa

hi all raiders just thought id show you all a beaut cobia weighing 11.5kg nailed on sat in hawkesbury it fought like a demon til the end my mate was fishing for jew but will gladly take this home as a replacement cheers to you all ...the big jew have gone quiet the last few weeks oh well always during the week to temp them out...cya all out their go the hawkesbury ...........il bet hes was keeping company with some big kings not so long ago...

Awesome.. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Spizza