Price For Custon Rod Building

etay

G'day all

I was wondering if anyone has had a rod custom built (a flick-stick). Could you give me a ball park figure on how much it costs? (Minus materlials, just the labour).

Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

G'day all

I was wondering if anyone has had a rod custom built (a flick-stick). Could you give me a ball park figure on how much it costs? (Minus materlials, just the labour).

Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

I would say each builder has their prices for labour. Best to find out a blank you like and speak to a few builders and get some quotes.

I would say each builder has their prices for labour. Best to find out a blank you like and speak to a few builders and get some quotes.

Thats great advice as different builders charge differently. So try and check out the quality of there work to see if you think the cost is justified. keep in mind to do the job properly though a std build without dress binds etc will be 5 or so hours Minimum

Thats great advice as different builders charge differently. So try and check out the quality of there work to see if you think the cost is justified. keep in mind to do the job properly though a std build without dress binds etc will be 5 or so hours Minimum

That's good info and insight Allan. Appreciate you posting and providing feedback.

Cheers,

Herby

I would probably start at some of the samurai range, they are excellent for that sort of work then maybe look at a gloomis blank if they are still available here?? Then from there, are a heap of more expensive blanks.