The Bay Again 27/3/06

BUSTER 1

Hit the Bay again today the plan was go for snapper & bream early and spin for flathead later got to the spot just on first light the conditions where great run out tide with just a very light westerly wind ,got the berly going and put out the baits first hit came after about 20 minute it was a just legal red 3 more came soon after but were under sized 29cm any way got a couple more 30+ cm and 2 trevally ,then things went quite I thought they gone off the bite when I got a big hit first I thought it was a rat king but it was not fast enough , it made 3 big strong runs ,the 4kg mono was starting to feel the strain when up comes a 80cm flathead ,it was panic stations as I was on my own and did not want lose this fish ,missed it on the first pass but got it on the second I did not realise how big it was untill it was in the boat ,took a few picts and sent her on her way ,went for a spin but could raise a thing , post-571-1143434265_thumb.jpgpost-571-1143434283_thumb.jpg

What a day, what a flattie!!! :1yikes: 70cm+ are very respectable. 80 is way up there!!! I'm definitely hitting the Bay now. Report after report has shown good fish. Great job on releasing the old girl!

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman