Black Box - Positive Ion Field To Attract Fish?

Kingy

After speaking with Netic about downriggers, I started searching the web. I found this!?!?!?!

Has anyone used one, or know if they work?? Is this an "only in America" thing? And wouldn't it increase anodic decay of aluminium boats with the extra voltage/current put out?? I'm intrigued, I love gadgets, but is this a bit silly?

the link is http://cgi.ebay.com/Scotty-Black-Box-New-w...1QQcmdZViewItem

I can't copy/paste the photo from ebay

from ebay.com

""This NO RESERVE auction is for a brand new Scotty "Black Box" No. 1201 without box or instructions. This is the original and still the best Positive Voltage Control device (not the cheaper Pro Troll copy) that has been used by commercial salmon trollers on the west coast for years. It allows you to create a positive ion electrical field around your boat through the downrigger cables thereby allowing you to dial in the correct voltage for whatever species you are targeting. It includes 3 extra No. 1210 wiring harnesses and stainless steel contact sleeves (No. 1210) that I purchased in addition to the Black Box (which only came with 2) so that I could connect all 5 of my downriggers. This unit came with my boat when I bought it but I never got around to installing it. Happy bidding!

Features:

Controls the downrigger cable voltage in the productive fishing range of positive 0.1 volt D.C. to 0.9 volt D.C. on up to six manual or electric downriggers (wiring kits for 5 downriggers are included).

Can be operated in the continuous voltage mode or the new pulsing mode. In pulsing, the unit cycles the charge on and off every 5 seconds often triggering a strike.

Can run up to six downriggers with one Black Box. ""

After speaking with Netic about downriggers, I started searching the web. I found this!?!?!?!

Has anyone used one, or know if they work?? Is this an "only in America" thing? And wouldn't it increase anodic decay of aluminium boats with the extra voltage/current put out?? I'm intrigued, I love gadgets, but is this a bit silly?

the link is http://cgi.ebay.com/Scotty-Black-Box-New-w...1QQcmdZViewItem

I can't copy/paste the photo from ebay

from ebay.com

""This NO RESERVE auction is for a brand new Scotty "Black Box" No. 1201 without box or instructions. This is the original and still the best Positive Voltage Control device (not the cheaper Pro Troll copy) that has been used by commercial salmon trollers on the west coast for years. It allows you to create a positive ion electrical field around your boat through the downrigger cables thereby allowing you to dial in the correct voltage for whatever species you are targeting. It includes 3 extra No. 1210 wiring harnesses and stainless steel contact sleeves (No. 1210) that I purchased in addition to the Black Box (which only came with 2) so that I could connect all 5 of my downriggers. This unit came with my boat when I bought it but I never got around to installing it. Happy bidding!

Features:

Controls the downrigger cable voltage in the productive fishing range of positive 0.1 volt D.C. to 0.9 volt D.C. on up to six manual or electric downriggers (wiring kits for 5 downriggers are included).

Can be operated in the continuous voltage mode or the new pulsing mode. In pulsing, the unit cycles the charge on and off every 5 seconds often triggering a strike.

Can run up to six downriggers with one Black Box. ""

Mate i do not have a clue what the hell it is, dont know if it will work either, might have to contact someone from an american forum and ask