Dollies, Dollies And More Dollies In Sydney

netic

Hey all, went out to the Sydney Fad today in search of some dollies, was met with some pretty big swell but decided to go anyway.

Got there around 9.30am after spending some time getting yakkas from Cliffo.

As soon as we arrive the action started, over the next hour we caught well over 20 dollies.

Then we decided to try and troll some rapala's

Got a few more dollies but then got hit by something big, fought for about 7-8 minutes, first thoughts were it was a king as it was running quite deep, went for around 5-6 runs, then we boated a bluefin Tuna, surprisingly small it was only Around 55cm but the thing fought like a tank.

At the end of the day between 2 of us we got around 30 dollies and the one tuna. Released quite a few of the dollies, bought a handful home to feed the family.

Largest was 76cm and the smallest was around 40cm,

Edited by netic

When we caught it it had no stripe, it only appeared after around 20 minutes, and it had alot of blue in it, I have caught stripeys before they have more stripes than that. I assumed it was a baby bluefin

Edited by netic

Well done mate, did you get any of the dollies on the yakkas?

There are heaps of dollies around at the moment :thumbup:

The larger ones were all caught on yakkas, but it seemed that they would have hit any bait i would have thrown at them

was at the fad today after getting alot of yakkas surprisingly easily, by about 8am.. No action, whatsoever. Oh well, next time

Which Fad did you go to???

I have been there twice in the last couple of weeks and both times there were heaps of them there, I only left due to sickness and time, My experience has been that they are always there when in season. Hopefully this doesnt mean that they have left to pursue warmer waters up north.

I was at the one afew(?) kms n/e of the heads, it was really calm too.... maybe I should have been at the further one.? Thanks for the pilchard tip, I will try that next time.

Mate you were definately too close to shore, the further you got out the more concentrated they are and the larger they are, i usually go to the 9km one but on calm days it is worth going out even further.

For the dollies chasers out there that don't feel too secure going out in their boat what we should do is organise a day where a few of us head out together, at least that will give you guys the chance to get into some dollie action. And if anything goes wrong, ie: mechanical problems there will be a few of us out there.

I will start a post to see if we can organise something.

Edited by netic

Through a couple of mates of mine I fortunate enough to have access to a proper outsider for the first time on Saturday and based on these reports I’m very keen to try and mix it with the fads and chase a few dollies.

However, firstly I have no idea where they are? And I’m also told the GPS marks of a month ago have all changed due to the big swell the other week?

Does anyone have any information like GPS marks on how I can find a "real" FADS, trapped buoys or any potential dolly hiding device? Or even any offshore Kingy reefs to have a bash at?

I’m keen to get out and not waste a potential and extremely rare opportunity to leave the heads proper

Any help is very gretefully received

James

Through a couple of mates of mine I fortunate enough to have access to a proper outsider for the first time on Saturday and based on these reports I’m very keen to try and mix it with the fads and chase a few dollies.

However, firstly I have no idea where they are? And I’m also told the GPS marks of a month ago have all changed due to the big swell the other week?

Does anyone have any information like GPS marks on how I can find a "real" FADS, trapped buoys or any potential dolly hiding device? Or even any offshore Kingy reefs to have a bash at?

I’m keen to get out and not waste a potential and extremely rare opportunity to leave the heads proper

Any help is very gretefully received

James

Visit this site it will tell you everything you need to know

http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/recreation...ads_-_locations

They are pretty up to date i was at the Sydney FAD last week based on those co-ordinates