What A Great Day! Bb Wide 4/4/06

Guest Big-Banana

Guest Big-Banana

Gday fellas. Decided to headout before these winds hit and what a decision that was!

Got to Parsely Bay ramp at 6:15am and launched the boat. No breeze and I had the feeling we were going to have a ripper day. Got out past the heads to a flat sea and no swell. Punched out there at 25 knots all the way to the traps. Lures out and continually got double hook ups and good sized dollies. Continued this for a couple of hours, having a ball before leaving the traps we were on and moved onto the FAD.

On the way we trolled and picked up a 4kg Striped Tuna. Stayed at the FAD for a hour or two with sucess on trolling xmas trees and saltwater flies. We picked up a small Mack tuna on one of the smaller xmas trees and trolled him live on a large Marlin skirt about 5km past the FAD with a few investigations ( I think small Dollies trying to bite off more than they can chew ).

Continued our troll another 5km from the FAD and got two double hook up's on X-Large Striped Tuna. Lost twoat the boat and got two. These were around 5-6kg. Lots of fun on 6kg gear!

Came back in to a still small swell at 2:30PM. Great Day! Heres a photo of the Stripeys and Dollies. Dollies were average, and we kept a few for a feed.

So final tally was 3 Tuna's, 30 Dollies (5 kept) and a lone Mack Tuna.

DSCN0828.jpg

DSCN0826.jpg

Are those Mack tuna's descent live bait?

Awesome read and awesome boat, oh and awesome fish!!

Nice work, there is marlin about, i was out at botany wide fad the other week and jumped overboard for a look wit the dive gear after boating enough dollies, and a marlin boat trolled past me and i was eyeballed buy a 80kg black marlin, i won;t forget that for a while, he came close enough for me to be able to see his eye ball moving over me, very special!

But once again, great fish, do the stripey's taste any good? Or do you use them for strip bait?

eyeballed buy a 80kg black marlin

:dito: Great fish, Big Banana!!! :thumbup: Nice tuna!

What an experience, Gibbofisho!!! :1yikes: I'm sure you won't forget it!

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Guest Big-Banana

Nice work, there is marlin about, i was out at botany wide fad the other week and jumped overboard for a look wit the dive gear after boating enough dollies, and a marlin boat trolled past me and i was eyeballed buy a 80kg black marlin, i won;t forget that for a while, he came close enough for me to be able to see his eye ball moving over me, very special!

But once again, great fish, do the stripey's taste any good? Or do you use them for strip bait?

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2: A relative of mine experienced that, but I think he was having me on!

Never tried to tell you the truth. After being salted and dried out they are apparently pretty good, thats what my grandmother says (Maltese).

Best bait for any reef fish IMO. :thumbup:

Good stuff!

I wonder how many people think i'm having them on, not much i can do about it but enjoy the experiance for myself.

I think the marlin was atracted by;

1. The Fad

2. Dollies being caught and going bezerk

3. The marlin boat that just trolled past us.

Once agian, nice boat!