Weekend Of The 2nd In Coffs...

Nicho

Friday-Friday Night

Left work early on the Friday (decided to quit my Job) and drove up to Coffs to arrive just in time for sunset. After catching up with a few mates, I found myself on a little beach, casting shads out into the surf to tempt a Jewie.

The water was perfect, the tide was right, there was no weed..

but unfortunately no Jewies as well.

After casting for 5 hours I packed it in and wet to sleep

Sat Morning

Woke up at gentlemen’s hours (8:30) and was in Coffs creek by 9:30 casting small plastics for flatties.

First cast produced a nice little flattie, second cast a Bream, third cast another flattie.. meanwhile my mate was getting nothing!!!

The lucky run went to 5 in a row, then the bite stopped..

My Mate and I then slowly waded up the creek, casting soft plastics at every good looking structure. Most were just under legal size, with a few being just over.

All in all, after three hours fishing we both caught and released over 30 flatties (all but one was lip hooked…gotta live the plastics!!)

Sat Night:

Was a wash out, has a wedding to go to, and couldn’t escape (was right next to a good looking beach as well!!!

Sunday Morning

Back in Coffs creek, this time to show a mate how to fish soft plastics (he has heard a few drunken stories the night before).. Again wading up the creek slowly, working weed beds and drop offs we caught (three of us) and released thirty flatties before calling it quits and headed to lunch

Sunday night

The long drive back.!!!

Am now looking for work, and those pesky recruiters are all booking interviews during my fishing time!!!

Might go for a quick flick on Friday if the weather looks good.