Anyone Lost A Jewie Lately?

humesy

Went down to the old spot this evening after a %%%%% of a day at work. The spot near mum and dad's where it all began back in my teens. it was the first time back since last year when i struck a bit of success and it's a magic place on a warm autumn's evening, set in the bush but only 10 minutes from Chatwood.

Anyway, i had that ominous feeling on arrival. there was plenty of surface action which turned out to be Bonitos, cruising along the rocks, like F-16 fighters and chopping into the baitfish.

i set about catching some livies and picked up a few tailor. on they went live and within an hour, there was fooling about on the baitrunner. he took a run after a minute but no hookup. the poor old tailor came back twitching its last twitch, with the telltale teeth marks.

finally had a good hookup, half an hour later. he went 90cms/5kgs, gave a good account of himself and broke a loooooong drought for jewies. woohoo! :1prop:

As i cleaned him up, i found my hook and the whole tailor plus someone else's rusting 4/0 hook. Bad luck to someone out there but i guess it goes to show. he wasn't the fussiest of eaters.

Happy Days everyone!

ps seems like i can't upload the photo. it is 612kb. is that too big. any tips appreciated.

post-256-1144445580_thumb.jpg

There ya go Andrew ,nice fish as well

Cheers Stewy

Edited by swordfisherman

post-1893-1144980132_thumb.jpgheres the pic,

went down for some bream, decided to put a live tailer out, after a 1/2 hour it got smashed.

got it up to my feet and remembered i didnt bring a net, got the wife to take a pic.

then a well meaning stranger came down with a gaff that looked like it came off a japanese whaling ship.

he had a couple of goes at it with the gaff. and then it snapped

only had dodgy 9 pound line that has been in my garage for years (as trace)

Well done mate. I hope a raider catches the ones I lost today.....have to say the head shake and busting me off today has made me more committed to catching one of the bastards....Top fish buddy, great job.

Ash