Braid

ACZ

hey all,

wondering if anyone has used hercules braid by jarvis walker???? is it any good?? is it cheap 250m of 30pound for only 50 bucks!!!

cheers

alex

Edited by swordfisherman

ultimately it comes down to "you get what you pay for".

that $50 spool of hercules didn't last too long at all for me and ive just recently stripped the top layer off (about 50m) to expose the better unused stuff because the old stuff just wasnt cutting the beef. it was only about a month old.

my FINS cost about $70 for a spool of 300yrds and has been on my charter special for about 4 months now and it still looks the same as it did the day i took it out of the packet and best of all you can run a sinker on this braid without it doing any damage, it holds its strength really well but really limp stuff, not great for casting, lots of tip wrap (IMO).

Fireline is fireline... everyone loves it because it is really great for casting but it does tend to frey eventually and lose its colour but not to the extent or no where near as quick as hercules, this also costs about $70 for a spool of 300yrds.

i can tell you now that you wont be saving yourself any money if you purchase the hercules braid as you will find that it will need to be replaced far sooner than either FINS or Fireline

CFD

thanx guys....i was thinking the same thing...that price 4 FINS sounds really good...ive go an aernos 6000 i want to spool up 4 bottom bashing with 30pd...where did u get a price like that???

cheers

alex

Got my new reel today...an aernos oceania series 6000...and bought some braid aswell...decided to get Sure Catch braid Live Fibre TX 270m of it for 72bucks...cant wait to use it on the reefs 2morow!!

cheers

alex

:1fishing1: